silent way cv to midi

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just tried the SW voice controller and that works for me great. (after read the manual and an online video was useful as well)
anyway, Its getting more complicated to understand how to send Automations from my daw to the modular system. (lets say my filter cut off).

Is the cv to midi plug in is that what i need to use for that reason?
I have tried to understand how to route the cv to midi from the manual but did not get that.

my set up is: Mac, Motu ultralite mk3.

Many thanks
G

No, you don't want SW CV To MIDI.

Basically you just automate any of the plug-in parameters. Most simply, automate the Out knob on SW DC, though if you have the Voice Controller loaded already you could automate one of the Offset knobs (in the output matrix).

Hi,
Thank you very much for your response.
When I do that via the offset knob there is one problem. in case I put the value of 1 in the offset knob. It opens the cut off around only 50%.
my cv level in the filter is fully open and the cut off knob in the modul is fully closed.

OK Think I found the way. at the start I started the offset knob from 0 to 1 with closed filter in the module. and then tried the offset knob from -1 to 1 and the filter on 50%. that gave me the full range of the filter. is that the way to do that?

If it works for you, then yes.

Hi,
Just came back to try it after long time I did not have time.
I seems to be the same problem.

thats what I did:

I am using ableton+ motu ultralite mk3

1. Opened an audio track
2. Added the SW DC plugin,
3. Sent the output to the my cv1 level of my balckpolivox vcf.
4. The cut off is fully close (on the module)
5. The cv1 level is FULLY open (on the module)

when I open the output positive knobs (left and right) to Max on the SW DC plugin it opens only half of the filter or even less.
I have tried also with a different filter as well but still the same.
It like it does not have enough "power" the control the all range of the device.
I have tried also to distorted and put down the output from the SW dc but it did not solve it as well.

Thanks in adavance
G

The Ultralite mk3 outputs less than ±4V. Modules generally expect more than that - up to ±10V in Eurorack.

This is one reason to use my modules to output the CVs rather than doing it directly from the interface.

Hi os,
Thanks for your response. So my audio interface is the "weak spot" ?
I bought specifically this one after I had Babyface pro and only because I saw at ES website that silent way plugings will work with that.
In another words I need change my audio interface + buy an ES module and then I will be able to use silent way properly?

If you still have the Babyface Pro, that works well with an ES-3.

Return to “Expert Sleepers”