Noise floor input ES8? (solved)

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I purchased a bitwig edition ES8 last year. I’ve been using it in bitwig, but I used it in Ableton for the first time today and I noticed something. Inputs 1 and 3 have some type of noise floor but 2 and 4 do not. I opened bitwig up to see if the meters also showed this, but they did not. I’m assuming it was always like this but I never noticed it until ableton. At the time of this screenshot, only the USB cable was plugged in. Nothing in the IN’s or OUT’s. Why aren’t 1 and 3 as silent as 2 and 4? It does the same thing when using the ES8 with ADAT instead of USB too.

Last edited by WXLF on Fri May 24, 2019 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Unless you can actually hear noise, those will be the DC offset on the inputs, which are expected.

No, I cannot hear it actually. Thank you!

Hi there,

I just installed my ES-8 (aggregate device with the UR28M from Steinberg).
Powerunit:MicroZeus (Tiptopaudio) and the ES-8 are the only modules installed (gotta start somewhere, right?).

Ableton, Osx Sierra, everything legal and updated.

I'm also getting the 4 inputs from the ES-8 with a none-hearable floornoise.

So everything's ok with that? After checking some video's about DC-offset, I came accross this solution: Ableton has a DC button in it's Utility tool. So indeed, after activating that button, the dc offset disappears.

No need to search further, right?

Thanks for reading and the help!

Skov

Yes, that’s all fine.

Thank you !!!

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I'm using CV-tools to kickstart the DFAM! Yes !!!! That rocks !!!
Happy !!!!

Return to “Expert Sleepers”