Silent Way on Vista? And licence transfer

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Greetings, I'm looking at buying a system that is ES-40 + ESX-8MD, mostly to send accurate MIDI clock to my trusty QY700.

I have a few questions:

- my current DAW is Reaper (latest version) running on a Vista Business 32 bit system. Is the Silent Way software likely to run ok with this?

- the current owner says he'll work with me to transfer a licence for the software to me. Does this just require an email to ES, or something else?

I'd greatly appreciate any advice you can offer,

Aanon

I would suggest you download the Silent Way demo and try it.

Licence transfer is no problem - he can just give you the serial number. If it turns out it's out of activations, just email.

Thank you, I'll try.

The demo plugins seem to open within Reaper and send audio ok, so I'll proceed with some increased confidence now. If there are any developments, good or bad, I'll post back here -- in case another Vista user is looking for similar info one day in the distant future (ok, maybe not that likely!)

Just reporting back for posterity. I found Silent Way to be fine for use on Vista. I bought the kit and learned how to use it over a week or so. I got a lot of practise, the reason being that i was having issues with slaved devices getting out of time when using Reaper DAW.

Cubase on Vista didn't generate the same problems, so it was just Reaper. In fact, i tried Reaper on three different computers and operating systems, and never got away from sync issues.

In the end, I've moved to a different computer so I can have a better choice of DAWs and am working with Digital Performer and Windows 8 for the time being.

The sync between my DAW and QY700 sequencer with the Expert Sleepers gear is exceptional.

Return to “Expert Sleepers”