Output 2,3,4 mystery

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MuLab App MuLab Plugin MuVerb

Ok all, I usually search through the forum for a similar question than what I am asking, so I don’t waste everyone’s time. So here is my question and if someone has found a similar post to this question please show me, recently I have had the need to use the other outputs to separate kick/snare/hat/clap. Yes very common, I am aware. I am not 100 percent opposed to creating 3 sub tracks and copying and pasting the midi into each track so it exports that way, but would prefer to actually get Output 2,3, and 4 to go to a
Rack 2,3,4. Again, I apologize if this has been asked a million times before I just can’t wrap my head around how to do this. Please post a demo mux if possible or screenshots.

Generally, the best way to solve anything more complex than simple stereo set ups is in the modular area. That way you can see all the wiring more easily. If you drop a MuDrum module into a rack slot, you'll see the first audio output wires to MASTER and the others are not connected. You can manually wire them up - adding Racks to the mixer as you need.

Mudrum.JPG
in Mudrum notice the cables from snare, clap, hats go to different racks, each with its own output.
Hope that helps
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYopVxQ5dNA

If you're using MuDrum and need help setting up the outputs in MuDrum I can make a video on that too.
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

dakkra wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:18 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYopVxQ5dNA

If you're using MuDrum and need help setting up the outputs in MuDrum I can make a video on that too.
This is very helpful! yes a mudrum video, when you have a chance would be awesome and I am positive other ppl would benefit from it as well. I just subscribed to your YouTube channel as well so when you post it I will see it.

bibz1st wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:17 pm Mudrum.JPG
in Mudrum notice the cables from snare, clap, hats go to different racks, each with its own output.
Hope that helps
Yes thank you again for the help and for the visual, I believe this will help I will try tonight and respond back if I have any issues!

dakkra wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:18 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYopVxQ5dNA

forgot how good this video is - I like the front panel way especially for drums

bbreakz wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:11 pm

forgot how good this video is - I like the front panel way especially for drums
Yeah I will be exploring the front panel way tonight as it looks perfect for drums

abstruseF7 wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:22 pm Yeah I will be exploring the front panel way tonight as it looks perfect for drums
:tu:

This is very helpful! yes a mudrum video, when you have a chance would be awesome and I am positive other ppl would benefit from it as well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fipTzeuPKtc

Here we are! If you have any more questions, just ask!
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Is there a way to set more than 4 Outputs in the MuDrum? I would like to send the output of each pad to a separate audio channel for further processing in DAW.

You can make such MuDrum using MUX. See the Drum Note Processor module, then connect it as you want, for example to 12 racks so you can plug-in any MUX or VST synth or sampler to make the sound for a certain pad, and insert effects for it. When satisfied save it as a preset in your user library so you have your own kind of MuDrum for use in your projects. Of course you can also save variations of it so you can choose the preset that suits best at a certain creative point.

mutools wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:26 pm You can make such MuDrum using MUX. See the Drum Note Processor module, then connect it as you want, for example to 12 racks so you can plug-in any MUX or VST synth or sampler to make the sound for a certain pad, and insert effects for it. When satisfied save it as a preset in your user library so you have your own kind of MuDrum for use in your projects. Of course you can also save variations of it so you can choose the preset that suits best at a certain creative point.
Thank you! I'll try this way.

mutools wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:26 pm You can make such MuDrum using MUX. See the Drum Note Processor module, then connect it as you want, for example to 12 racks so you can plug-in any MUX or VST synth or sampler to make the sound for a certain pad, and insert effects for it. When satisfied save it as a preset in your user library so you have your own kind of MuDrum for use in your projects. Of course you can also save variations of it so you can choose the preset that suits best at a certain creative point.
I'm sorry, but I don't get it.(
I've tried to use manual and videos, but I can not figure out how to create the same UI.
And why you just didn't add separate outputs for each pad in the built-in MuDrum? It's a very common approach, isn't it?

Creating 100% exactly the same UI as MuDrum is not possible yet. The MuDrum is a special device and uses some special internal functions. But using the Drum Note Processor and connect it to a bunch of racks or other modules, just as you want, you can create a Mudrum-like MUX patch.

Return to “MUTOOLS”