Selecting instrument with midi files import

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,
how can you change the instrument from the "tracks panel"? We can do it in the mixer. The "replace" function is present but does not exist in the track panel.
It's not a question of adding an instrument but of replacing it in the track panel.
Let me explain: when I import a song in the form of midi tracks by example, a certain number of tracks appear but I cannot change the instrument. In addition, only the 1st track appears in the mixer with basic synth. All other tracks only appear in the "track panel" and nothing in the mixer.
In short, how to assign an instrument to tracks 2,3,4 etc ... from an already existing track?

Welcome to the modular nature of Mulab! It seems unintuitive at first, but it makes for some awesome routing options as you get practiced with it

Tracks and racks in Mulab are not 1:1, meaning they are technically separate entities and have no inherit relationship. You can have multiple tracks go to one rack, kind of like FLS. This is great for audio routing. Also note that there are no audio tracks or MIDI tracks. There are simply tracks.

So, you have a bunch of tracks with MIDI on them, but no rack associated. The way would go about this is to create a rack for each track, drag and drop the rack into the track header, and then add the instrument into the rack. This sets the new rack as the target for the events of the track. Basically it means you're telling the track to send it's events to a rack. Then you can of course populate the racks as you desire.

I hope this helps! I can make a video on the matter in a little while if you would like. I'm celebrating my girlfriend's birthday today so I may slow to respond.

Cheers!
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Thank you very much Dakkra.
You realy helped me. I had tried to drag & drop the track in the rack because it seemed logical to me to put the instrument in the mixer and not the opposite but why not ? Once we know how to do...
You talk about FL, I had my dose of headaches with it...ha ha !
It seems so simple when someone explains something that seems insurmountable to you.
Well, thank you again and I wish a very good end of the year to you and your girlfriend (happy birthday to her :clap: ).
Kisses to you two, have fun.

Return to “MUTOOLS”