License key transfer

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just wondering if I can transfer my permanent user key from my Mulab 6.4 32 bit version to a Mulab 6.4 64 bit version with the same build?

Also, I have a few downloads and demos I've been working with (including a 64-bit version). How can I check to see which Mulab I have currently hosted the permanent user key? (in case anyone is wondering I "cleaned up" my storage space and moved a lot of stuff to an external drive and I actually never paid any attention to which version I was using with the permanent user key. Now, none of my projects will load. I moved files and Mulab can't find it so I'm trying to start over)
Any help would be appreciated and thankx in advance!
If it sounds good it is good

MarkyMark wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:14 pm Just wondering if I can transfer my permanent user key from my Mulab 6.4 32 bit version to a Mulab 6.4 64 bit version with the same build?
Your MuLab 6 user key also works for MuLab 6 64 bit.
Also, I have a few downloads and demos I've been working with (including a 64-bit version). How can I check to see which Mulab I have currently hosted the permanent user key? (in case anyone is wondering I "cleaned up" my storage space and moved a lot of stuff to an external drive and I actually never paid any attention to which version I was using with the permanent user key. Now, none of my projects will load. I moved files and Mulab can't find it so I'm trying to start over)
Which error do you get?

mutools wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:22 pm
MarkyMark wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:14 pm Just wondering if I can transfer my permanent user key from my Mulab 6.4 32 bit version to a Mulab 6.4 64 bit version with the same build?
Your MuLab 6 user key also works for MuLab 6 64 bit.
Which error do you get?

Thankx for the reply.

I actually haven't tried any of them yet. I just went to open Mulab and couldn't load a recent project (in any version I tried). No project would load because I moved all the files associated with them to an external drive. I went looking for them and noticed one file name was "my actual Mulab", and it is a 32 bit version. I wanted to start over and use the 64 but I was wondering if I could check to see if the permanent user key was "attached" to one of them (I have several from 5 to 7, and really can't remember which version I purchased but the key should be attached to one of them only? Is there a way to tell?

I'm not sure if i understand your question but i can tell you that a MuLab user key is not attached to projects.

Ps: I you want to know which version of MuLab was used to save a project then open the project file in a a plain text editor and see the start of it. Attention: Do not edit or save a project that way, that would render the project unusable.

Anyway, if you have MuLab 7 then best to use that version all the time, it will also open files saved with your previous MuLab versions.

mutools wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:46 pm I'm not sure if i understand your question but i can tell you that a MuLab user key is not attached to projects.
It is attached to versions and different bit versions of the same builds, such as it can be attached to Mulab 6.4 32 bit and not Mulab 6.4 64 bit version. My question was not about the projects I really don't care about them. I was just explaining how my files got mixed up. I just wanted to make sure I don't start working on a project that is not on a licensed Mulab, so how can I tell which of my many Mulabs is actually licensed is my question? I downloaded some I wanted to try out in demo before I upgraded. I also have 32 and 64-bit versions of the one I purchased. I want to switch to 64 bit...can the license keys be transferred to different versions of the same build (from a purchased 32 bit MULAB 6.4 to a 64 bit Mulab 6.4)?
I just need to know if there is a way to tell if a certain Mulab is licensed or not. I want to find the ONE that works in full mode and is licensed and delete the others. And thanks for the reply.

@mutools. I just read your reply about the key working in both Mulab 6 32 and 64 bit versions. Thankx, that's one of the things I wanted to know. Sorry for the repeat question above.
The other question is 'was there a way to spot a demo mode version from a full keyed version without doing a whole project and waiting for the noise or limitation to show up?'
Thanks again!

When a user key has been inserted you see your user name at the bottom of the MuLab splash screen. (Info -> About MuLab)

Return to “MUTOOLS”