Clip length issues?

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, I am old, I prefer the 'what you see is what you hear' approach :)
I don't use loops. And if I had a clip with a giant shimmer reverb tail of 34 measures, I would like to see where the reverb is over because I would not want anything new to overlap with it, anyway.

Same here. If I'm recording me playing MIDI, triggering an instrument, and the part I'm playing has a pause, I don't want the recording to stop -- I'm still recording and I want that quiet period recorded in the MIDI part. Otherwise, it makes arranging the parts difficult. It's definitely an area where MuLab could be improved with an option.

The recorded part length is defined by the end of the last recorded event. Long time ago, when that code was written, i thought that would be better than simply taking the time where you stopped recording. But if most users here think it would be better that the recorded part should simply end at the (snapped) time when recording stopped, i'll change that.

I think it makes most sense to end recording where the user pauses/stops the transport. While yes, logically the MIDI events ended earlier than the clip does, in terms of recording, it makes sense to end the clip where the user stops as that's the time where they stop recording.
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

:tu:

Return to “MUTOOLS”