Bluetooth speaker as output device not working

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi!

I tried to set up an external Bluetooth speaker as an output device of Mulab just for fun.
The dropdown in the Audio Setup dialog detects my speaker (Oyster), but when I close the dialog I get another popup that says that Mulab cannot start the audio engine.

I am on a Mac and this speaker works fine as output for other programs (like Music or playing music directly from Safari).

I am just reporting this as a possible bug, it is not critical for me in any way. :)

Mulab 8.3.2 beta

Please try it again and after you got that message "Couldn't start audio engine" but before quitting MuLab email the most recent Log-yyyymmdd-hhmmss.txt file in your User/LogFiles sub-folder to Image
Hopefully this will reveal the reason.

Thank you. Will do.

Log file emailed.

Thx for the log. As you can see in the log the device reports it has no audio outputs. MuLab needs at least 1 audio output, it does not operate with 0 audio outputs. Why the device reports it has 0 audio outputs is a mystery. If you give the type details of that speaker, and ideally the contact email address of the manufacturer i'll email them the question.

Khr128 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:59 pm Hi!

I tried to set up an external Bluetooth speaker as an output device of Mulab just for fun.
The dropdown in the Audio Setup dialog detects my speaker (Oyster), but when I close the dialog I get another popup that says that Mulab cannot start the audio engine.

I am on a Mac and this speaker works fine as output for other programs (like Music or playing music directly from Safari).

I am just reporting this as a possible bug, it is not critical for me in any way. :)

Mulab 8.3.2 beta
Thought u direct song from Mutools to smart watch,probably u are pro music maker that is why prefer unusual methods,i will try your method too
SCANDALLY FAMOUS COMPOSER :x
https://raph-t.bandcamp.com/

mutools wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:51 am Thx for the log. As you can see in the log the device reports it has no audio outputs. MuLab needs at least 1 audio output, it does not operate with 0 audio outputs. Why the device reports it has 0 audio outputs is a mystery. If you give the type details of that speaker, and ideally the contact email address of the manufacturer I'll email them the question.
It's a pretty old speaker by Damson https://damsonglobal.com/contact.
They are not making it anymore, so perhaps it's not worth your spending your time on this issue.
The only thing that is suspicious is that this speaker works fine with other Bluetooth channels.
But, as I said, not really critical at all.

Just curious, have you tried to use Bluetooth speakers with Mulab?

Raph-T wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:03 pm
Khr128 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:59 pm Hi!

Mulab 8.3.2 beta
Thought u direct song from Mutools to smart watch,probably u are pro music maker that is why prefer unusual methods,i will try your method too
I think you mean a Rolex Oyster. Very funny. It's actually a Damson Oyster, a Bluetooth speaker. :)

The same thing happened to me today.

Using MuLab, I could not specify the Bluetooth headphones as the audio device. Other DAWs, web browsers, etc. can be played from the Bluetooth headphones.

I think the same phenomenon is likely to occur with most Bluetooth audio devices.

Well, Bluetooth audio has a delay, so I want to use it even though I know it's impossible to do real-time MIDI recording. This may be one of the reasons why Apple doesn't remove the headphone jack from Macs. ;)

MBP17" 2010 - MBP13" 2016 / MacOS X 10.9.5 - macOS 10.14 / MuLab 8.6.15
TaoTronics TT-BH085 / Anker Soundcore Life Q10

Return to “MUTOOLS”