M8.3.4 beta

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As you are working on the GUI and usability right now, Jo, please:
1) Add a song-tempo-automation-track (I know how to set tempo changes, but it's hard to accelerate ...)
2) Add a switch to fix zoom and song-position in Edit mode, so when selecting another track, the window shows the same time-range. In case there is nothing on the track at the actual position, the window may stay empty. This would make it easier to work vertically, to have control over what happens at this position.

M8.3.3 is available in http://www.mutools.com/mulab/beta/
  • Multi-Point Envelope module: New "Global Level" parameter which controls the overall output level of the envelope.
  • Multi-Point Envelopes: When dragging a Loop Start/End point and then undoing and redoing that, this resulted in a bad envelope point. Fixed.
  • Multi-Point Envelopes: When just drawing a new point without dragging and then undoing and redoing that, this resulted in a bad envelope point. Fixed.
  • (Un)Muting parts did not immediately redraw these parts. Fixed.
  • Better positioning of tooltips.
How to update:
Windows: Replace the current MuLab.exe and MuLab.ID by the new versions.
MacOS: Replace the current MuLab.app by the new version.

Also MUX Modular 8.3.3 Plugin beta is available in http://www.mutools.com/mux/beta/

It contains all latest changes since M8.2.21, see earlier in this thread.

How to update: (assumes you already have installed the complete MUX 8 zip package)
Windows: Replace the current MUX DLL and ID files by the new versions. (4 files in total)
MacOS: Replace the MUX .VST files by the new version (2 files in total)

:tu: Updated and looking good!
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Not sure if it is possible already (I have searched the preferences for "export", zero results), but since I make lots of small mixdowns/exports, it would be nice if I could set my desktop as the default mixdown/export folder.

MuLab 8.3.4 for Windows is available in http://www.mutools.com/mulab/beta/
  • Tools -> MIDI Input Monitor wasn't working anymore. Fixed.
  • When using nested meta-parameters, tweaking a child parameter didn't always update the parent meta-parameter. Fixed.
  • When tweaking a parameter, then start recording and undo-redo that parm change, that undo-redo parm change was unintendedly recorded too. Fixed.
  • Event List Editor now also indicates muted events by graying them out.
  • Some additional GUI style adjustements for specific parts to get them in harmony with the rest of the new restyled GUI.
How to update:
Replace the current MuLab.exe and MuLab.ID by the new versions.

Thanks for the update.

One thing I noticed, I can't see the CPU meter as it's a darkish grey and is blending into the dark grey background of my Theme.

Also, I found by hovering the CPU meter, a tooltip shows stating Show Audio Engine Stats. I clicked this and a window appears.
I left it open for around 30 minutes and the counters just continue to go up. On first opening this window the Callback count went from around 35k up to 100k!!! The other counters went up to extreme numbers too. Is this normal?

The CPU weight reflected the current usage of MuLab and went up and down depending what functions were performed. Stop was 6%avg and Play was fluctuating around 16-18%avg.

sl23 wrote:Also, I found by hovering the CPU meter, a tooltip shows stating Show Audio Engine Stats.
It's when you right-click the cpu meter.
I left it open for around 30 minutes and the counters just continue to go up. On first opening this window the Callback count went from around 35k up to 100k!!! The other counters went up to extreme numbers too. Is this normal?
Yes.

Ah ok thanks

Also the M8.3.4 MacOS version has been added to http://www.mutools.com/mulab/beta/

How to update: Replace the current MuLab.app by the new version.

Attention: Minimum MacOS version has been changed to 10.9. (was 10.6.8 )

I do not have MuLab, but I have MUX. I updated it by copying the 4 files, but then, I also have to re-enter the serial/license number as it started in demo mode. Since before copying those files I backed up the original 4, I re-installed them thinking there was something wrong with the beta, but it still runs in demo mode. The thing is, copy/paste does not work on this system.

mevla wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:59 pm I have MUX. I updated it by copying the 4 files,
Which MUX version were you using and to which MUX version did you update?
The thing is, copy/paste does not work on this system.
Are you on Mac or Windows? And which OS version?

Attention: Please do not mention your personal user key in a public forum like this.
If you think there is an issue with your user key please email Image

I run 7.7.4 and uploaded using the link in this thread. The OS is Linux Xubuntu and I'm running Windows VSTs using wine-staging and linvst. This covers the problem with the copy/paste. Although I don't think it would interfere with the licensing. I only copied the 4 files mentioned above.

That explains it: An M7 user key is not valid for M8.
But you can update your user key via http://www.mutools.com/shop.html

OK, just got the upgrade. The MuTools web site did not ask me for any ID and went straight to paypal. Hopefully you will get the transaction with my email. I did get the receipt from paypal. If I do not get any further email with a license by the end of the day I'll contact you privately.

Return to “MUTOOLS”