sfz / sf2 Capability

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I know this topic has been raised before, but I was just wondering if adding .sfz capability was on the MuTools radar. I know there are free plugins such as sforzando, but I'm trying to limit the number of third party plugins and would prefer to use the MultiSampla to load third party multi-sample instruments, if possible. If not, no big deal.

Thx in advance.

There aren't many plugins that have full SFZ2 support for a very simple reason - it's difficult. The spec is both extensive and open, so you have to allow for things you don't understanding being there and know how to handle them, as well as do the expected with what you do understand - which tends to end up with no two implementations working the same, anyway. SFZ1 is simpler but very limiting (in my view) but it can be seen by some as useful, I guess.

I think sfz1 standard implementation will be enough, there are many sample library, free or commercial in sfz1
12 years old PC running :Reaper;Reason;Dune;Zampler;Kontakr;Reaktor;and many others countless vst :D

pljones wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:28 pm SFZ1 is simpler but very limiting (in my view) but it can be seen by some as useful, I guess.
I think it would be useful. I have all my .sfz from the Alchemy vst and it would be nice to load those (and other .sfz libraries) into MultiSampla rather than have to map the samples out manually.

That said, it's nice-to-have, not a show stopper and if it's not something that many people are asking for, understandably it won't be a priority.

Return to “MUTOOLS”