The same project on Mulab and Logic Pro X.

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I decided to compare sound produced by Mulab 8.20 and Logic Pro 10.4.7.
I made a small project with third party plugins only, so the sound sources are the same in both cases. Used the same MIDI sequences and the same third party effects. Expected similar results, but was surprised...

Logic sounds with more emphasis on the lower end, almost muddy compared to much clearer and brighter sound of Mulab. (In this particular case, I liked the Mulab sound better, but I can imagine a different scenario where emphasis on the lower end is preferable. Of course, you can tweak your sound on both systems to be the way you like it regardless.)

Just my experience, but I wanted to share it with whoever cares.

Hi, this difference between DAWs has been discussed many times at KVR. The overall agreement is that there is no difference (at least not audible) between DAWs, since they all do just about the same thing. I for one believe that at bit level, there should be differences, due to routing and other internal handling. And then, depending on what the plugins do, they can in theory sound slightly different at different times (being LFO dependent, for example).

In any case, I can't believe what you state above to be true (not saying you're lying of course, but something must be off). There could possibly be some artifacts introduced or so, but another tonal balance? Shouldn't happen. :wink: Oh - you can always paste the two audio files or so to your post.

Welcome to KVR by the way, and cool you found MuLab.
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Don't you have an audio so we can hear the difference?

As Sparky says, this was discussed and tests showed DAWS null to each other on playback, so there must be some difference in the signal paths. You might check if a stock effect is in the master buss.
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

Return to “MUTOOLS”