New spectral time stretching algorithm in Mux sample not working as intended?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have heard great things about the new spectral time stretching algorithm so I gave it a shot in the newly updated Mux. So If I understand correctly, the new spectral algorithm sounds good on percussion if you have marked transients. So I inserted a drum loop into MuSampla, detected the transients and added markers, set the stretch mode to spectral, and increased the Stretch Factor. The first transient of the loop sounds good, but the second, third and so on sounds smeared. Am I doing something wrong? Did I miss a step? Or is this how it's intended? Thanks!

To take advantage of the transients, you need to use an audio sequence.
See http://www.mutools.com/info/M8/docs/mul ... ences.html

Instead of using MuSampla, use a Sequence Player and drop the sample there, it will create an audio sequence. From there on you can use all power of MUX's audio sequences inside your current host DAW.

If any questions left, just ask.

NB: I agree it would be ideal if the transients would also be taken into account when playing a sample from MuSampla, but that's something i could not yet implement. Anyway, using the audio sequences you have many more creative options than simply stretching a single sample.

PS: The fastest way to play around a bit with the audio sequences in MUX Modular Plugin is via the "Audio Seq One" preset. This is a rack with an already filled audio sequence player. Once the audio sequence editor is open you can also drop new samples there and play around.

Ah, I see. Thanks!

Hi. Where is the "audio seq one" preset located?

Type "audio seq" in the search box.

I did, but nothing came up. Hm. I'll have to wait until I'm off work to search further. Thanks-

Oh it may be due to the quick updates ie only replacing the .exe and .ID. That preset has been added quite recently so maybe update the factory library: Download + extract the zip, then replace your current App/Library subfolder by the newest App/Library subfolder.

Good call mate. Will try later-

Yep that did it. As always, Jo, you are the man---

Return to “MUTOOLS”