MULAB free version

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Basically free would mean lite, right?

I don't like free stuff, free has a negative connotation in my view.

mutools wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:50 pm IF there would be a new MuLab Free (that's still undecided) then it would be a MuLab 8 Free.
Now THAT makes perfect sense! Thanks for clearing that up :tu:
I say go for it! :D

e-crooner wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:27 pm Basically free would mean lite, right?

I don't like free stuff, free has a negative connotation in my view.
That's a good point. I have to admit, when Computer Music Magazine changed their 'FREE' software to cut down versions, I stopped buying the mag! That's just a sales tactic and I cannot stress how much I dislike that! But... That's me. There may be others who would like to have a cut down M8free? Personally I avoid such things.

The free version of MuLab was how I first heard of this DAW back in the day. It was MuLab 3 or 4, I don't remember. Before that, I was using Kristal Audio Engine (the free edition of that software which later became Studio One), and MuLab Free was one of the very few freeware DAW alternatives back then. I gave it a try and instantly loved it. I recommended it to all of my musician friends and used it for years.

Long story short, I think that there should be a freeware version of MuLab. It will certainly attract at least some users to the project. Perhaps a 4-track version of the current software, like what we had before.
Bedroom Producers Blog << Free VST Plugins!

Same here. I first heard of MuLab when it was Luna CM. Perhaps Jo should try this avenue again with M8 Free?

Although I didn't take to it then, I kept an eye on it for a few years until M4 I think it was when I decided to purchase a license. Easily the best DAW for it's simplicity of use.

Return to “MUTOOLS”