Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

y?
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

I think it's a good question. Is it planned in M9 ?

That's undefined.

Many plugins being developed as VST3 only.

Yeah there’s no avoiding VST3 pretty much. Sooner or later, no doubt jo is well aware of it.

this would probably mean mux would be turned into a VST3 in the long run, which would be a huge amount of work...

jpumphandle wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:54 am Many plugins being developed as VST3 only.
Such as? Even the very modern Rapid is only available as VST2 and AU.
I think VST2 will be around for a long time, just like it took ages for 64-bit plugins to dominate.

Actually, I just sent an email to Madrona Labs explaining that the only reason I didnt buy
Aaltoverb (while having all their other plugins) was because it is VST3 only. There are
not many yet, but the number will continue to grow as Steinberg is determined to put
an end to VST2.4. Of course the main issue is that it's no longer possible to get a new license
to develop VST2. E.g. any new developers to come along, will not be able to release plugins
that will work with the current MuLab.

Of course jo knows this, and is no doubt moving towards VST3 support in some way or other.
Although, a full VST3 implementation is likely to take a while. Personally, I don't like VST3,
and I hope the industry would abandon Steinberg's plan all together. Though that seems
unlikely.

In the meantime you can use Kushview Element inside Mux as a bridge. Might sound crazy using one modular environment inside another but it'll do the trick.

I must say I have not worried much about it so far (I use Mulab not as main daw but mostly for trying out some things cause it still is the fastest daw around for such things) but with the reason rack vst (which is of course only VST3) that changed the world for me.

Its really kind of crazy not to be able to tryout this rack inside THIS "natural" rack environment. Of course, I have freestyle, other workarounds possible I am sure, but that kill the one main Mulab reason for me: the fastest :hihi: (not to mention one of the easiest for some of the things I need, for example that "put some midi and some instruments and some effects and some whatever you like on the track and it works" thing).

Usually I stay out of Mulab forum posts cause the main devellopment targets are just far away from what I need and use (and I just dont understand most of the things talked about :clown: ) but I think this might get over short or long really a problem for Mulab if just ignored.

Return to “MUTOOLS”