I can't set up a mic to record

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is a basic question. How do I set up a mic to record on an audio track in mulab 8? My computer recognizes my microphone and I've used it for other things before. It's just that once I launch mulab I have no idea how to tell the audio track to record with my mic.

Make sure you're using an ASIO driver for your audio. If your audio interface does not provide an ASIO driver, ASIO4ALL is a good way to virtualize an ASIO environment.

Once you've got an ASIO driver setup, add a new audio track and click on the arrow to open up the audio recording panel. There you can select mono/stereo recording and as of the beta (see the beta thread here) you can even see the waveform display for the incoming audio
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Really? The wave finally shows up in real time? Cool. That's a nice step. Always a bit of a freak out not seeing that.

Yeah in the beta version, the audio input panel now shows a waveform. It's not in the arranger, but it is in the panel. Happy middle ground compromise, there was a whole thread about it: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=529142

8)

EDIT: Link to beta thread: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=529868
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Return to “MUTOOLS”