How do i 'mute' midi notes?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How do I mute notes in the sequence editor??? I know I'm probably completely lacking in intelligence/power of observation... but I can not find a way to mute/unmute midi notes... Please help!!!

Thanks in advance... V.

There is no per-note mute yet. You can delete the notes you don't wanna hear. Or put their velocity at 0.

If it's all the notes in a section of a part, you can split the part (they'll still use the same sequence) and then select just the smaller part you don't want to play and mute that (in the composer view).

Hahahaha... Another NO! Ok... Thanks for the reply!
Cheers... V.

tbh it is a bit odd that you can't mute midi notes in the edit window, hoping one day it will be possible.

if there's something I want muted* I'll drag the notes outside the loop range... lowering the velocity is an option. if you drag out of loop range, you can just pull it back without changing the velocity. if you don't have it snapped to the grid thats another issue

I do what bbreakz does, and also use delete/undo for quick checks.
Those methods are adequate for me, and keep the editor tidy.
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

viceverser wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:02 pm Hahahaha...
Not sure but what is the constructive meaning of this?
Another NO!
I wrote "not yet".
Per event mutes will be added in a future version.

mutools wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:24 pm
viceverser wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:02 pm Hahahaha...
Not sure but is this meant constructively?
Another NO!
I wrote "not yet".
Per event mutes will be added in a future version.
I was laughing as a continuation of my previous post where I said I seem to ask questions that evoke a no! It was meant as levity.

Am excited for any usability updates, hope the programming is smooth sailing.

Cheers... V.

Return to “MUTOOLS”