A wishlist after first track programming

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi, I have programmed my first hole track in mulab and I must say, thanks for mulab, a superb daw. here some ideas for small improvements:
a) in note editor I would wish funktion for monitor key (Alt - monitor key) without Alt and permanently with a short sounding note. the goal is, short (appr. f.e. 0,1 s) hearing a sounds of notes while moving mouse for searching concrete tones (maybe optionally activ/inactiv)
b) I'm missing a tool for work with keys and scales. f.e. I want work in key D# locrian modus, only concrete tones can be choose
c) sometimes, when I moving multiple notes, focus goes loosed, I must choose notes again
d) a possibility for store of favorite plugins in one group
e) a possibility for use pc keyboard as midi keyboard without extra programs

in another way I'm very satisfied with mulab, these are only ideas for improvement, no seriously problems. thanks tom

basa333 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:30 am hi, I have programmed my first hole track in mulab and I must say, thanks for mulab, a superb daw.
Please also copy this to your social media so more people get to know MuLab and MUX Modular. That's important! Thanks.
sometimes, when I moving multiple notes, focus goes loosed, I must choose notes again
Which steps do i have to take to repeat this?
a possibility for store of favorite plugins in one group
MuLab menu -> Plugin Manager -> There you can group plugins, eg make a group "Favorite Synths".
a possibility for use pc keyboard as midi keyboard without extra programs
Project menu -> Virtual Keyboard.

About your feature requests, please read this viewtopic.php?f=79&t=357048

mutools wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:32 am ...
Which steps do i have to take to repeat this?
hi jo, thanks for your answer, I will try to realise this.

now, you have to choose multiple notes, f.e. 20 notes and to try these with slowly moving (aka searching for the right place) place at another place. after appr. 3 - 4 seconds (and this is a realistic time, sometimes I have maybe my resolution not correct setting or I must searching for the right place, f.e.) is focus loosed and alI notes are at your original places. to be sure, I don't take my finger off the mouse button, of course

mutools wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:32 amMuLab menu -> Plugin Manager -> There you can group plugins, eg make a group "Favorite Synths".
The problem is, if I've got a group of B3 organs and one of them is a favourite - I want it in both places without having to save two copies (which I could do with patches but with a "raw" VST it's not possible a lot of the time and in both cases means maintenance overhead, so isn't a realistic option). Multiple labels with multiple levels ("Faves/Organs/HipHop", "HipHop", "Organs/B3 etc") that could be applied in the plug-in manager and to patches would revolutionise the existing patch management process.

You could have two groups: Organs and Favorite Organs and your favorite ones are in the Favorite Organs group. Isn't that sufficient from practical pov?

now, you have to choose multiple notes, f.e. 20 notes and to try these with slowly moving (aka searching for the right place) place at another place. after appr. 3 - 4 seconds (and this is a realistic time, sometimes I have maybe my resolution not correct setting or I must searching for the right place, f.e.) is focus loosed and alI notes are at your original places. to be sure, I don't take my finger off the mouse button, of course
Are you touching a key while dragging?

mutools wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:41 am You could have two groups: Organs and Favorite Organs and your favorite ones are in the Favorite Organs group. Isn't that sufficient from practical pov?
Anyway, zooming out from this specific aspect, i get a feeling more users want an upgrade of how to choose a VST plugin. I've taken note about this on the wishlist.

mutools wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:46 am ...
Are you touching a key while dragging?
which key are you meaning?
btw, the same becomes, if I drag a synth from browser and move slowly to a rack. after some seconds focus is loosed.

If you press any key on your computer keyboard while dragging, the drag is cancelled.
It sounds like something like that is happening. Do you have a special keyboard or special tools that send out keys or something?

I can't repeat the issue. Anyone else?

ok, no problem, it is became only if I'm dragging very slowly. while moving with normally tempo it's no problem. now I understand, I don't touch any key. No, I'v got no problems, everything is OK, have a nice day.

thanks and greets tom

Even if i'm dragging very slowly it doesn't happen here that the drag is cancelled.
Please do this:

* Start MuLab, New Project
* Make a sequence for Basic Synth and make sure you have enough notes to repeat the issue.
* Now repeat the drag issue, ie drag slowly until it's cancelled.
* Without quitting MuLab, go to your MuLab folder and email the current MuLab log file to Image

By the way are you on MacOS or Windows?

I'm with win7/64. I try to make this immediately. thanks.

hi, you have the logfile, I could this repeat as usually :-(

There is main thing missing in piano editor,higlighting pressed note key,and they call it is visual,i want to know which note i play with my pc keyboard.With that mind u will not get new users,u dont make this soft for yourselves,people are different some likr minimalism,some like more visualiti,so make balanced something for all people needs
SCANDALLY FAMOUS COMPOSER :x
https://raph-t.bandcamp.com/

Raph-T wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:56 pm There is main thing missing in piano editor,higlighting pressed note key,and they call it is visual,i want to know which note i play with my pc keyboard.With that mind u will not get new users,u dont make this soft for yourselves,people are different some likr minimalism,some like more visualiti,so make balanced something for all people needs
I thought the same as you Ralph, it's there , but in a slightly different place ,, look at the small keyboard at the top right hand side.

Return to “MUTOOLS”