Minor Menu improvements

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I agree, wrt to embedding the docs into MuLab. A way to do it to make updates less cumbersome is have a third folder...
Apps
Docs
User

MauLab refers to this to get it's info. So Updates can leave this folder out when necessary. Except when a full update is required.
It's counter productive leaving MuLab to go online and look through the docs. Imho at least. ;)

sl23 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:48 pm When you open the Mux, Basic Synth in this respect, it opens a new window, as it does now. This window could then either have default tabs to access the Modular areas contained within this Mux or open a new window at the users request.
Keeping things in the same window when you open a modular area sounds like a good idea to me. Also going 1 level deeper/higher in the modular hierarchy can also stay within the same window, be it that that window maybe resized (otherwise a small front panel would limit a modular area too much) but at least it would reduce the floating window clutter, which indeed is an issue, i agree, especially in the modular zone.
Sometimes you don't want tabs, so the option to open in a new window is required. Much like a dual pane file manager, or web browser, ala, Firefox or Chrome.
Indeed.
The essence of Tabs is to reduce screen clutter. So for example, creating a new Synth would take place in a Mux, maybe Mux's within Mux's All these could be tabbed to a single window. Should interaction between them be required, maybe click a button to remove the tab and open it in a new window.
I feel that as default, opening a Front Panel opens a window with two Tabs. One being the Front Panel the other it's modular area.
I see what you mean, yes that sounds like a good idea, thanks.
One that springs to mind is dragging a module to the FP! Maybe Drag to the FP Tab, ..., Hover the module over the FP Tab and Tabs auto switch after a short delay so you can then place it where you wish to.
Interesting.

Thanks sl23 for these fine suggestions. It sounds good from user pov. Will have to check this from tech pov.

Also curious what other users think of this.

Also thanks Michael & sl23 for elaborating on the integrated help topic. I've taken notes and will evaluate further.

I think the tabbed window could work, could be worth trying it if its not too much work
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

mutools wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:46 pm Also thanks Michael & sl23 for elaborating on the integrated help topic. I've taken notes and will evaluate further.
No need to thank us, we're just hoping you make our dreams come true ;)

Just making the menus properly contextual and removing all the dead space would be a help. Properly organizing/categorizing the preferences as well.

Yeah that would indeed be an improvement.
It's really time consuming having to read every Pref in the list to find what you're looking for. Grouping them would help immensely.

jonljacobi wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:42 pm Just making the menus properly contextual and removing all the dead space would be a help. Properly organizing/categorizing the preferences as well.
Thanks for your feedback Jon, i appreciate it.

What do you mean with "making the menus properly contextual " ?

mutools wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:13 am
jonljacobi wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:42 pm Just making the menus properly contextual and removing all the dead space would be a help. Properly organizing/categorizing the preferences as well.
Thanks for your feedback Jon, i appreciate it.

What do you mean with "making the menus properly contextual " ?
When you right-click over an object (topmost) or a group of selected objects (notes, tracks, etc.), only immediately pertinent options are displayed. Sparing the user the need to hunt through irrelevant choices.

Good to see you’re keeping on with the good work!

Return to “MUTOOLS”