MUX: Grain player

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I loaded a simple "Aaah" vocal sample into the Grain Player and without hitting a key it plays repeatedly. Event 1 is routed to the Grain Player. Is there a loop disable switch somewhere or any other way to make it play only when a MIDI key is pressed ?

Thanks.

You probably directly inserted in a MUX in which case it's a sound generator in effect mode. If you want to play it polyphonically as a synth, insert a PolySynth into the MUX and the Grain Player into the PolySynth.

Please also see:

http://mutools.com/info/docs/mux/mux.html
http://mutools.com/info/docs/mux/polysynth.html

Thanks. That works well for not having the sound played automatically. However, when a MIDI key is pressed, the sound will play but it will repeat instead of playing just once. The sound will play up until the '1' mark and start again. It will played up to the grain length and start again.

This is now inside a PolySynth:

muxgrain.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tip: If you''re still in doubt how to setup a synth patch, please see how Basic Synth is constructed.

Please also read the doc pages i linked to. It contains essential info.

I can confirm that partially for the Drumcomputer & Sampler.

When you set a tight Start and Stop and loop it, the sampler begin to resonating emself and start to rise in frequency, don´t matter if Key is hold or just pressed once, only to shut off the Instrument or Rack will help

However, this Problem also existed in previous versions of Mulab (7.x) and there are enough ways to avoid that effect.

To reduce the Release and Sustain can help, maybe also try to lower the Reverb or Echo if they are involved.

If nothing help try to set a wider Start & Stop.

I see it more as wrong Setting than bug.

But maybe you just need to try the Sampleplayer instead of the Grainplayer.

If you think there is something wrong with the Grain Player (which always loops the grain, that's its nature) please post a MUX preset that demonstrates the issue. Thx.

Return to “MUTOOLS”