VST plugin preset and GUI glitches

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello! Loving Mulab it's the best! Presently finishing a hobbyist album and have questions please :-)

I have a couple of VST's that are giving me a bit of grief in M7/M8.

Nothing major but Virsyn Tera and Tranzistow (not commercially available) sometimes have issues.
There is a demo for Tranzistow which might help recreate the issue.

They are both multi output and multi timbral (I typically only use one output only).
In both cases i stumble on issues when either loading up a saved project or changing presets.

For Virsyn, it is typically after saving and reloading the project, the channel meters get stuck and I get clicks and audio dies.I have to restart the audio..

For Tranzistow (the most important) I get feedback when changing presets with reverb trails and when invoquing the GUI. This does not happen in VSTHost free. Developer handed me a version with some tweaks to help improve but it's still there to some extent.

Is there any setting I could try in config panel to help with this? i.e buffer..etc?

Thanks in advance!

What you could try is this: (needs basic knowledge of xml structure)

* Quit MuLab
* Open the MuLab/User/Settings/VstPlugins.xml in a plain text editor or xml editor
* Lookup that specific VST
* Change the MustZeroOutputsBeforeProcessReplacing tag from value 0 to 1.
* Save the VstPlugins.xml file and restart MuLab.

Does that make a difference?

WOW! Absolutely this works! Thanks so much!! This is great. Much appreciated.

Please contact the developer of those plugins and ask that the processReplacing function of those plugins replaces = overwrites the vst buffers instead of adding the result to those buffers, which is wrong in case of processReplacing.

Return to “MUTOOLS”