Automation Questions

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Have a few automation questions...

-whats your preferred way to get a vst parameter (Cutoff ex.) to show up in a 'Sub Automation' lane.... mainly for use in the Envelope window.

-was there a way that you can drag a vst parameter to the Front Panel of a Mux?

-Sub Automation lane clips can't be cloned copies? Can they be saved and used in another song like Muclips?

bbreakz wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:25 pm Have a few automation questions...

-whats your preferred way to get a vst parameter (Cutoff ex.) to show up in a 'Sub Automation' lane.... mainly for use in the Envelope window.

-was there a way that you can drag a vst parameter to the Front Panel of a Mux?

-Sub Automation lane clips can't be cloned copies? Can they be saved and used in another song like Muclips?
1. Move/select the parameter and it will appear on top right corner of mulab layout of the vst. Drag drop it to the + sign or just by itself on the left rack panel.

2. Drag any paramater to the left rack panel.

3. Muclips only save the automation that is put inside them aka contained in the same sequence as the midi. Any automation sepetate clips are not saved. To do that you can go indside the sequence and where it says "Velocity" , click and change it to the desired parameter and draw the automation.

Also : Another way is to right click on the vst/mux rack and select "Add automation track".

NOTE : Automation tracks created by drag drop are independent of the rack and continue to work even if not placed under the respevtive rack. Automations made using the sub track method cease to work once moved out as a sub track to the panel.

great information @Jimp_music
will try these out next session.
thx!

Jimp_music wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:10 pm
1. Move/select the parameter and it will appear on top right corner of mulab layout of the vst. Drag drop it to the + sign or just by itself on the left rack panel.

2. Drag any paramater to the left rack panel.
So it doesn't allow me to drag the parameter anywhere. If I right click its the Map Midi Controller/Value etc options. I can't drag it anywhere

Felt like I used to be able to do that in a previous version of Mulab/Mux

My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

dakkra wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:15 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH062PGpSFQ

Hope this helps!
:) :tu:
Thanks sooo much for doing this!!! +thanks for doing it so fast as well
Will add this to my fav youtube vidz...

I was trying to drag the actual knob and not the space next to the knob -go figure.
all good... very useful information thanks again!

+Synthmaster One's great btw

Glad to be of help!

As a bonus, you can attach VST parameters to meta-parameters, edit how they function through the meta-parameter, rename the meta-parameter, and then put the meta-parameter on the font panel for that extra control.

Cheers!
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

dakkra wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:20 pm Glad to be of help!

As a bonus, you can attach VST parameters to meta-parameters, edit how they function through the meta-parameter, rename the meta-parameter, and then put the meta-parameter on the font panel for that extra control.

Cheers!
Good to know -thanks again :)

Return to “MUTOOLS”