[SOLVED] Mulib: how to download ?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Using no less than the Chrome browser, I right-clicked on the main 'MUX Instruments' then selected 'download'. It tooks several minutes for the gauge at the bottom right to finally show that all zip-compressing was done. And then nothing, no download link, no automatic download, nothing. I treid again with a single directory, 'Unvieh' > same thing.

After google has compressed the file, what is there to do in order to download it_

Cheers.
Last edited by mevla on Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Have you tried with single files?

Have you tried asking Google's support team how Google Drive works? Maybe it's saving to your Google Drive? (In other words... I don't know :) )

pljones wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:06 pm Have you tried with single files?
No. Downloading what seems to be many presets, and then FXs, one by one is not a prospect that I'm looking for.
pljones wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:06 pmHave you tried asking Google's support team how Google Drive works? Maybe it's saving to your Google Drive? (In other words... I don't know :) )
As far as I know I do not have a google drive and I have not specified 'save to my google drive' but rather, 'download'. For all purposes I do not have a google account although that Chrome thing thinks I do.

Asking google's support team ... I'll still wait for an answer here, from the people who set this up in the first place. It could be much more relevant for an answer.

Cheers.

The zip should automatically download through your browser, it doesn't generate a hyperlink.
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

dakkra wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:32 pm The zip should automatically download through your browser, it doesn't generate a hyperlink.
Yes, that's what I thought too. But after building the zip file - which google indicates as a progress circle and it takes several minutes - there's no download starting. And I'm using on purpose the Chrome browser to make it go smoothly. And the download directory is clearly specified (already downloaded other files from other places) but no file is ever appearing there.

I tried downloading individual presets, like one from your folder, and it works. Clicking on the folder name, selecting 'download', having google prepare the zip and announcing that the zip file is ready all works. But then there's no button it seems, no nothing to actually start the download, and the download does not start by itself.

I mean, this is 2019 and that's not 'Pa and Ma web site', it's google - how more complicated can they make it to prepare a zip file and do a simple download ?
:roll:

Cheers.

Works ok for me on firefox and waterfox. You have to wait for it to finish compressing. Don't rely on the messages too much. Also make sure your download location for chrome is correct.

I just checked again, it works fine.

I'm trying with firefox instead of chrome. Might work better with a non-google app ! The google drive is preparing the zip file for 'MUX Instruments' since about an hour now. It actually seems to be jammed in its tracks at about 3/4 done.

That google experience really feels like way back in the 90s or so. Maybe they are working on a time machine with all that quantum research.

UPDATE: OK, got the zipped file. So it actually works better with firefox than google chrome.

The file is 32055879 bytes.

45,413,712B (43.3MB) is the size of my zip d/l.
I know what you mean about google being archaic! Try organising Google Maps places! That's a task I've had many issues with!

That's the entire MuLib folder. Is that what you d/l?

Well, it seems I got most of it. Not feeling a the moment trying again. I'll see tomorrow.

Meanwhile, a surprising thing: the creativeness of some of the UI that were built for some of those sounds. I'm rather new to MUX, so that was fun. Some of those sounds are also pretty good.

I will try the FX. The zipped FX file I got from google is 2702391.

Cheers.

Would you like the zip I d/l? I can upload and give you a link to Google Drive which should work.

Certainly. That would be much appreciated !

Cheers.

Here's the link to the latest MuLib zipped d/l.

Tested ok

sl23 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:16 pm Here's the link to the latest MuLib zipped d/l. Tested ok
Thanks ! It downloaded in a snap, no hassle. Size is 45413712.

Cheers.

Excellent. Enjoy! ;)

Return to “MUTOOLS”