Is there a way in mulab to add adsr and effects etc to a single midi note

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

as the title states.

so for example can i add different adsr envelopes for each individual midi note in one tracks piano roll.

or add an echo effect to just one note in a sequence but not the others,or for some notes but not others.

or any other effects or modules to alter the sound.

the old playstation 1 music making game "music 2000" allowed you to do this and with some spectacular results.

it seems unreasonable to have to create new tracks for each variation of note or the same sound, then you would have the headache of not seeing all the notes from each track in the same piano roll sequence. it would be difficult to know where to place notes.

Once, you could have set the track to "Part's target" and the part to "Note's target" and targeted the note event to its own MUX. I don't think that option is available any more.

Indeed only the MIDI channel can be different per note. Using that feature you could setup a MUX that targets 16 different MUX sounds and so you can set each note to play any of these 16 sounds.

mutools wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:21 pm Indeed only the MIDI channel can be different per note. Using that feature you could setup a MUX that targets 16 different MUX sounds and so you can set each note to play any of these 16 sounds.
i am not that experienced in making music,

am i correct in thinking that there are only 16 midi channels total in a song/project?

if so that would be very limiting in the number of unique note sounds i could have in my project (16).

pljones wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:03 pm Once, you could have set the track to "Part's target" and the part to "Note's target" and targeted the note event to its own MUX. I don't think that option is available any more.
i half follow, that mulab had this feature in a previous version.

unfortunate that feature is no longer with us.

thanks for your reply.

can we turn this into a feature request?
however long it will take.

You're thinking of per-note effects, which outside of very niche places, most DAWs don't have (bitwig has per-note microtuning that works exclusively with it's own devices but it's still niche). You may consider building a multi-effect that changes signal-path on different notes. The route the audio from your instrument into that multi-effect rack. You essentially have two tracks and two racks. A track+rack for your instrument that sends it's audio to the rack that has the multi-effect. The multi-effect would then have it's own track to trigger the different effect "sections".

I know it sounds convoluted but this is a very niche idea. I can't think of a single DAW off the top of my head that has per-note effects. I know some have per-clip effects, but even that's a rare use.

Hope this helps,
Dakkra
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Return to “MUTOOLS”