FR - Smooth tempo change calculator

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello, I have a feature request to make it easier to create smooth tempo automations on a track without having a controller to use for the tempo slider.

My idea is, you would open the "edit tempo changes" panel, select two adjacent tempo events, and an option to calculate a number of transition points between those two events would appear. The user could pick the number of transition events to calculate, and the program would calculate the tempo changes between those two points.

That's it. I have no problem if there's no intention to implement this, but I think it would be nice.

Ideally, just set the two points and flag the first as "change smoothly to the next tempo" (or flag the second as "change smoothly to this tempo")

Yeah, that's also a possibility, but Mulab seems to work through discrete points for tempo changes, so it makes sense to calculate a set number of steps. It also allows for non smooth tempo changes if you pick a very small number of steps between two different tempos. Plus, you probably could change the values of the steps afterwards, which would allow for more editing possibilities.

Or using the curve editor that you can use for controlling parameters.

Return to “MUTOOLS”