Connecting Vsti in Mulab with ORB Composer

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

According to the ORB manual, you can connect in both directions.

Using ORB doesn't change how you set up Mulab in terms of MIDI, once you've got it connected. Decide what you're trying to use it for and ask more specific questions.

I studied the manual, but don't understand the routing for connecting ORB composer to MUlab

I explained that earlier in the thread.

Too difficult for me ...

If you could ask specific questions about things it would make helping much easier. Saying "I can't do it" doesn't really explain what you're having problems with.

ok, let's try to connect a synth in ORB with a intro midi notes on port 2 and channel 4 to MUlab basic synth rack as you opens it.
For midi : ORB -> out <- in Mulab
In Mulab for the MIDI setup: set input port 2 to orb 2 and output ports on None

There is a automatic midi input focus: what channel .. channel 1 by default?
With this setup i could go to the modulal area and choose there channel 4 with a added module?
I could also use the targeted input focus .. with this i could directly choose channel 4
Automatic or targeted input focus..wich one to choose?

For play/pause/continue in ORB synched in Mulab i installed a Midi clock output module and targeted to basic synth rack

For now i am using Mulab native sounds not Vsti yet.

I installed a asio Multi client driver, because there was no audio output for MUlab.
Restart again in windows and it seems that ORB now is connected with Mulab on port 2 (channel 4 ..choosen by Orb?) and with automatic midi input focus.
I can play now the intro notes in ORB on the basic synth rack ..thats good !

There is not yet a synchronized playback with Mulab and ORB …( later on when the composition is made in ORB, it can be transfeerd to Mulab)
On this way a composition can be played in ORB and MUlab simoustanly..

I added a reverb on the master rack ...and now it is not working anymore.
Also not handy In MUlab is not to see the desktop files (buroblad ) in windows 10 ?
I start over and maybe the asio Multi driver is settling now ( was not the first time)

I know it is a lot of work in the beginning to get this working by trail and error, because it is not documented.
Ok, it is working again.
If this is working.. i can look at most easy setup routing ? ( midi focus automatic is very easy)..eh no
I must use a tartgeted midi input..i did for two racks with port 2 -channel 4 +channel 1..now it is working right in ORB

Now ..how to get the transport functions simoustanly wit ORB and MUlab?
Was it both two ways working ?: start the transport in ORb ..starts the transport in MUlab ?
And opposite working : ..start the transport in MUlab ..starts the transport in ORb

Orb composer uses multiple ports
I assigned some instruments to port 2 , but a drummodule uses port 4 on channel 15
Some oversight in the modular area to get ? .. ports ..connected with channels(instruments)

How to setup multiple ports in MUlab ?

Well, i came up with a whole story and you come up now with referring to old post.
This brings me not further and is not the way to try to help people from a educational point of view.
I can conclude now that this topic can be closed seems to me.
Anyway thanks for your help.

You asked specific questions that I'd already answered. Why didn't you read what had already been written?

A specific question was: how to setup multiple ports in MUlab?
Or : in general how does MUlab handle multiple ports ( design by developer ?)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kccrdtijibung ... .xlsx?dl=0I do need to see a example of this routing in Mulab, otherwise its became a topic of study ( a course in midi routing/notions ) and a trial and error affair ( the last thing i want).

The midi events from Midi-in from the 16 midi in ports are merged into one stream:
There's also a module you can use inside the Project Modular area or in a MUX to split the incoming events by channel and then route them freely
Then i see only one module for doing this: Midi channel splitter : every event output number stands for a for a port number
At even ouput 1 ..i can add up to 16 racks and at eventoutput 2 ..i can add again 16 midi channels
Make this sense?

Return to “MUTOOLS”