External fx units (guitar pedals, processors)

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I searched the forum and couldn’t find anything on this, are there any tutorials, or could someone help me understand how I could use external fx units to process my signal?

I have been wanting to do this for a while with my Digitech Reverb pedal, to create true reverse reverb.

First, some setting up. You may have done this. If not, you may want to get it done and save it as a user template - maybe your main New template.

Check all your necessary Audio Inputs are set up in MuLab->Audio Setup.

Next, switch to the project modular area. You should see your main audio in here. Check it's set up correctly. Then, make sure your auxiliary audio ins are also set up here. Next, your audio outs should all be here, too - main and auxiliary - check they're all present and correct - I find if I change Audio Setup, things can be affected.

Make sure you're very clear which are main inputs/outputs and which are aux inputs/outputs - you know you don't want unintentional feedback loops...

Back to Compose. Get rid of any existing tracks.

Add an Audio track. Turn off record arm and check its other settings are correct for your main input. Set the output of this track to the aux out your pedal is connected to.

Add an Audio track. Turn on record arm and check its other settings are correct for the aux input for the return from your pedal.

Hitting record now, you should record post-pedal. If you want the clean signal, too, enable the first track recorder.

(I've not tried the above... I only use MIDI.)

Return to “MUTOOLS”