Mp3 import with correct tempo?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is it possible to import a mp3 file that plays in correct tempo or which changes the default mulab tempo to the right speed?

lll3 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 11:58 am Is it possible to import a mp3 file that plays in correct tempo
Assuming you mean original tempo: Import the mp3 as an audio sequence and when you get the option "Auto Snap Length" set it Off so that the original length and tempo are preserved.
or which changes the default mulab tempo to the right speed?
Not automatically, but you can manually set the tempo to match the tempo of the mp3.

Yes, I mean the original tempo. I'm doing something wrong.
First I add a new audio track than I go to Project and select 'Import Audio File', hit a mp3 and choose 'Audio Sequence'. I don't get or find the option 'Auto Snap Lenght' to toggle it off. (?)

I tried also to set the tempo manually as shown in the lower sequence window but it's not right. It is still to fast and I don't know how to get the original tempo of an mp3.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sorry, the "Auto Snap Length" option is optional see the "Auto Snap New Audio Sequence Length" preference (MuLab -> Edit Preferences)

Ok if you have imported the mp3 and the length has been snapped then the Tempo Factor at the bottom of the composer will be set at some value. Note that that value is a percentage value on the main composer tempo. So, for example, if it's 200 it will play double speed. To reset the part to its original tempo set it to 100.

PS: If what you want to do is to play that mp3 full length and at original tempo then it might be a good idea to convert it to a Wav file and then import that Wav as an "Audio Stream".

mutools wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 8:27 pm Sorry, the "Auto Snap Length" option is optional see the "Auto Snap New Audio Sequence Length" preference (MuLab -> Edit Preferences)

Ok if you have imported the mp3 and the length has been snapped then the Tempo Factor at the bottom of the composer will be set at some value. Note that that value is a percentage value on the main composer tempo. So, for example, if it's 200 it will play double speed. To reset the part to its original tempo set it to 100.
oh, many thanks to you!
Both suggestion works perfect now :tu: I'm happy for the moment!

Return to “MUTOOLS”