How do I export my Mulabs 7 projects into Mulabs 8? And midi out question

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Port ver 7 projects to ver 8:
I have been using Mulabs 7 for about 2 years (still learning) and a have a few projects that I want to continue working on in Mulabs 8.
Can anyone tell me how to get them over the easiest and best way?

Midi timecode out ver 8:
Also in ver 7 I have the midi timecode out going to my digital console for automation.
I had this working fine with ver 7 but its not working with ver 8.
I have the correct midi output port turned on and the cable etc are all good.
In the MUX I have the blue midi cable connected from the master out to midi output 1.
It looks like I have the exact same setup in ver 7 and ver 8 but no midi timecode out in ver 8.
When I switch back and forth between programs ver 7 works ver 8 does not.
I set this up 2 years ago and I have forgotten all the steps which I am sure I have missed something.

Thanks in advance.
Danny

About your M7 projects: You can simply open them in M8, no problem.
If your projects are saved in the M7 user folder then just move or copy them over to the M8 user folder.
Or use a separate folder somewhere for your MuLab projects so it is independent from the MuLab installation.

About MIDI sync: MuLab does not support MIDI time code, only MIDI clock.
I've double-checked the transmission of MuLab 8's MIDI clock messages and it looks fine.
At this point i'm not sure what the issue could be.

Thanks for the info.
Currently I have all my projects in a folder within M7. I'll move them over to M8 for quicker access.

I opened one of my M7 projects with MIDI clock in M8 and now the MIDI clock to my console is working.
I just cant remember what I originally did to make it work LOL!
Cheers!

Return to “MUTOOLS”