Using MuLab live-performance

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I know Jo is busy with v8 but I have a relatively simple feature request which would make live-performance much easier (for me at least!).
Is it possible to define loop-able "regions" on the time line and assign a note key to each (c-1, c#-1 etc. with common definable midi channel)? Sending the appropriate note key will cause the play-cursor to jump to the beginning of that new region as soon as the current one has finished playing.... and the new region is automatically set to loop. That way the performer can jump at will between "scenes" in their musical piece. The SWS extensions for Reaper offer a similar functionality but I am really quite focused on MuLab now and would much rather stick with it.
I have come up with a MUX consisting sequence players and a step sequencer to control the scenes but it is rather messy and convoluted... and takes ages to set up with a new song, even using a saved template.
Thanks in advance for looking at this
Cheers
Paul

Something like this is on the wishlist.

I would also suggest to give markers and loopmarkes a bit of simple logic like "play loop for 4x then continue playing". I don't know why no daw has this feature, but it would be useful for live play.

really impressed by mulabs so far, incredibly well thought out and straight to the point daw and blazing fast gui compared to reaper!

Return to “MUTOOLS”