Convert an Automation Event into an Automation Sub-Track?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Something I've been trying to figure out for some time is how to convert an Automation Event - the kind you get when you press record, fiddle a knob, and your automation appears in a sub-section below the piano roll for that track into a full-featured Automation Sub-Track where one has an entire 'Edit' view available to place points and manipulate curves.

I've tried the right-click 'Select-All' in the Automation Event pane then pasting it into an Automation Sub-Track but no-go. Is what i'm looking to do possible?
"Music is directly tied to the technology of a culture."
"Modular gear is the craft beer of music."

There currently is no automatic conversion function yet but it's on the wishlist. I agree on the need for it. Until then the only way to convert it is to do it manually ie create a new automation part and draw the same curve.

What could help is this: Right-click parameter -> Copy As Envelope Point, now you can paste that in the new automation part. So it helps to copy exact parameter values at several points in time while tracking the original automation curve.

mutools wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:58 am What could help is this: Right-click parameter -> Copy As Envelope Point, now you can paste that in the new automation part.
Yep, that kinda works. Not as elegant but a good starting point.

However, glad to hear the feature may make into a future update.

mutools wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:58 am There currently is no automatic conversion function yet but it's on the wishlist. I agree on the need for it. Until then the only way to convert it is to do it manually ie create a new automation part and draw the same curve.

What could help is this: Right-click parameter -> Copy As Envelope Point, now you can paste that in the new automation part. So it helps to copy exact parameter values at several points in time while tracking the original automation curve.
I would love that to happen too Mr. Jo. Its a mess when im trying to get the pitchbends right. Great to hear thats it is been added to the wishlist!!

I'm curious as to whatever happened to the status of this feature?

There is no status update on this atm.

Awwww, shuckey duckey! :(

Return to “MUTOOLS”