MiniNova not synching to external clock (Solved)

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I dont think this is specifically a Mulab issue but have searched hi up and low down for an answer and am just hoping someone here has had same issue and managed to resolve it.

My Mininova is set to use external clock via midi for synching but arpeggios just seem to play at their own tempo when set like this. I would use the internal clock if a tempo of say 120 equated to 120 BPM in Mulab but it does not.

Maybe I have to send something from Mulab to tell hardware the tempo, I really don't know. All I know is that I havent got much hair left to pull out at this stage.

I can't tell much about the MiniNova itself but what do you mean with "I would use the internal clock if a tempo of say 120 equated to 120 BPM in Mulab but it does not." Is the MiniNova not playing at 120 Bpm or is MuLab not playing at 120 Bpm?

Sorry, my explanation was not very clear so I will try and reword.

When playing patches which are arpeggios there seems to be no clock signal sent from Mulab for the arpeggio to sync to. The synth can be set to internal clock where the tempo is set within the patch or it can use an external clock. Like the Midi clock data sent by the DAW.

Changing tempo of a track in Mulab makes no difference to the tempo of the arpeggio being played.

I wasnt sure if it was Mulab or my Mininova to blame, so I opened a copy of Reaper, went into the settings and found and ticked the option under MIDI settings to 'send MIDI clock to external devices' and hey ho, my problem was resolved in Reaper.

However I have looked for a similar setting in Mulab and I can not find a setting for sending Midi clock data to external devices. Maybe I am going blind or there isn't a setting.

So as my Mininova does not appear to be receiving any clock data from Mulab, it is impossible to sync the Mininova to the tempo of my track as it defaults to it's internal clock if there is no incoming clock data via MIDI.

Thanks. That has done it albeit a bit long winded

The MIDI Setup only has to be done once.
Creating the Event Output modules is per project but you can make a template project with everything perfectly setup as you wish and then Project menu -> Save Template.

Return to “MUTOOLS”