Best midi keyboard integration?

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys.
Could you tell me which midi keyboard (25-32 keys) has the best integration with Mulab today? I was particularly interested in Komplete Kontrol M32, but, considering this is "the very" new model I can't find right answer so far. Anyway, what is your good experience with any keyboard ? Thanks.

All I can say is that I use a Samson Graphite that works well with Mulab, you have to set the mappings up yourself but its fairly straightforward, mine is 49 keys but they do a 25 key version, I'm pretty sure that most key controllers would work, other people will have to vouch for that though.
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

Thanks for info. I also consider Nektar LX25+, Arturia minilab MK2 even Alesis V25 and the list joined previously mentioned newest KK M32. So, pretty tough decision to make :).

I was told by someone that Novation's keyboard could refuse some commands since it was made mostly for Ableton although it works with other DAWs.

I did use an old 25 key Novation, think it was an SL or SE or something like that and dont recall having any problems with that, maybe the newer ones are different, I dont know.
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

I guess I have to choose one and cross my fingers hoping all......well, not all but most of controls will work🙂😁

If Joe could give me an suggestion.......

You should definetely check out some youtube videos with Keystep from Arturia.

It is working great for me with Mulab and you get a very nice controller.

Polyrhythmic step sequencer and aftertouch which is rare considering the price.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElcD2rGi8Tg
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

xenioxe wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:27 am I was told by someone that Novation's keyboard could refuse some commands since it was made mostly for Ableton although it works with other DAWs.
I have a Novation Impulse and until now, no problems with it, what Commands do you mean ?

I don,t get it running on AutoMap but works with Manual Mapping.

I use some generic Midi keyboard from the early 2000's (like it's not a controller, just the keyboard) and the Korg Nano Series V2.
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Thank you guys for respond, much appreciated

Bady89 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:05 pm
xenioxe wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:27 am I was told by someone that Novation's keyboard could refuse some commands since it was made mostly for Ableton although it works with other DAWs.
I have a Novation Impulse and until now, no problems with it, what Commands do you mean ?

I don,t get it running on AutoMap but works with Manual Mapping.
Yeah, AutoMap. But, it won't work no matter what keyboard, right? Only manual, as most of people say.

sbj wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:55 pm You should definetely check out some youtube videos with Keystep from Arturia.

It is working great for me with Mulab and you get a very nice controller.

Polyrhythmic step sequencer and aftertouch which is rare considering the price.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElcD2rGi8Tg
I checked a lot of videos, believe me, but wasn't sure about Mulab integration. Thank you.

Yeah, AutoMap. But, it won't work no matter what keyboard, right? Only manual, as most of people say.

Yeahh MuLab is not Supported by AutoMap, but that don´t mean that it won´t work without it.

All the Piano Keys and Drumpads are mapped correct by Default, so don´t worry about em.

You only have to map the Faders and such stuff.

Works exactly the same with any other Midi Keybord, tryed a M Audio Code 25 before i buyed the Impulse and it was nearly the same

The Piano Keys working
The Pads working
The Pitchwheel working
The rest i had to map myself :)

Software like Automap or a fancy Integration is not needed to get it running in MuLab, just plug it in, select it as Midi Input 1 in MuLab and you are good to go.

Yep. The Impulse (and other keyboards from Novation too) will work in 2 modes: Automap and MIDI CC mapping. In MIDI CC mapping mode, you can map whatever controls to the knobs and faders of the keyboars to functions in MuLab, or virtual instruments. It just means that you can't use a multi page setup of controls for the knobs, as you can with Automap. But, if you want to have a opinion, i think Automap sucks big time anyway, and you're better without it.

The newer Novation keyboards, like the Launchkey controllers, and the Novation SL mk3 don't even use Automap anymore. That's how convinced Novation are of Automap themselves. :P They don't provide Automap support for newer DAW's either. Studio One 4, for example, isn't supported, i think neither is Cubase 10. The only thing i use Automap for these days is to adjust the speed of the encoders on my Impulse.

Return to “MUTOOLS”