Reset after OS Reinstall ?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey everybody.

I am back on air, was very busy, have done some things in the Meantime.

Reinstallation of Windows was one of the Things.

Have made a Copy of MuLab to a USB Stick and after reinstalling Windows put the Copy back.

Now i face some very strange issues with it and i think the best is to do a clean reset or Something.

So do anybody know what i have to with Mulab after OS Reinstall ?

Which "strange issues" ? Please provide more technical details.

mutools wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:18 pm Which "strange issues" ? Please provide more technical details.
Hard to describe,

it´s like the oscillator of an Instrument hung up and play the last tone infinite.

Even the Play/Pause button don´t stop it , only to switch off the "Crashed" Instrument in the Rack will help.

It also don´t make a Log file anymore.

Sounds like a hanging note for some reason. Experiment with simple cases and try to narrow down the cause. The event monitor module may be helpful. If you can repeat it by doing a certain step by step procedure or with a specific test project, post it here.

PS: Afais I don't think it's related to the OS reinstall unless the reason would be by some MIDI device driver issue.

mutools wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:09 pm PS: Afais I don't think it's related to the OS reinstall unless the reason would be by some MIDI device driver issue.
The Midi device Driver is a good Point, will check this.

mutools wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:02 pm Sounds like a hanging note for some reason. Experiment with simple cases and try to narrow down the cause. The event monitor module may be helpful. If you can repeat it by doing a certain step by step procedure or with a specific test project, post it here.
Hey Jo

Have checked the Midi Driver and it was not correct installed.

Installed an updated Version of it, and it look good in the Hardware Manager now , but did not helped against the error itself.

As far is see this happen when Cursor hit the "Loop" flag, and more then 1 Note is involved.

I checked with the Event Monitor.
In this exampel i used the ARP Function of my Impulse which Switch On/Off Note D4 and D5 continuous.

On Line 21 when the Loop hit´s in, something Strange happen, it Change the direction to Off/On.
Maybe that could be the Problem ?
audioissue.png
I also have attached the project for you, maybe you can check if this happens in your MuLab too ?

What did not helped yet:

- Tryed with Other Audiodriver (ASIO)
- Tryed other Instruments in Mulab
- Reset Options to Default
- Installed new MIDI Driver
- Reboot
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I can indeed repeat the hanging note when playing this project in MuLab 7.
When playing it in MuLab 8 there is no hanging note.
I've been intensively working on the sequencer engine in M8 and it seems that M8's improved sequencer engine also fixed that M7 bug. So recommended solution is to go for MuLab 8.

Your problem is an extra very small note at the beginning of the seq. probably left over from an edit you did maybe.
But yea the best option would be to get M8 just in case.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

It's indeed related to that very small note but MuLab should not have a problem with that. M7 has a bug there. M8 plays it all ok.

Ah ok I just tried it in M8 and yes it works fine, I'll get my coat.... :ud:
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

Good to hear it is solved in M8

But M8 is still a Demo Version and it don´t fit my Needs.

So best for me would be to get my M7 UL running again like before i installed Windows new.

So what do i have to do, to perform a clean reinstall of MuLab ?

Can i download M7 from the Homepage and Put in the Key again ?

Yes you can currently still download MuLab 7 from http://www.mutools.com/mulab-downloads.html
Then insert your MuLab 7 user key as before.

When MuLab 8 is released, the MuLab 7 package will move to http://www.mutools.com/mulab/legacy-versions/

bady just f**k away your windows and get linux,windows is trash
SCANDALLY FAMOUS COMPOSER :x
https://raph-t.bandcamp.com/

Raph-T wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:27 pm bady just f**k away your windows and get linux,windows is so trash,so trash that i made one small app for destroying it momentally for hekping people to save their gold time,if want i can send u,but say good bye to windows before :)
SCANDALLY FAMOUS COMPOSER :x
https://raph-t.bandcamp.com/

Return to “MUTOOLS”