Ableton Push

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Didn't find anything in search....has anyone happen to write a script so that people can use the Push controller with MuLab? My guess is no but figured I'd ask.

My other option is to buy a second controller, one that isn't tied into a specific DAW. :neutral: ...need to do this soon anyways....Also, any particular controllers that do not play well with MuLab?
Ableton Live 10 / Push

MuLab supports all standard MIDI based controllers.
Doesn't Push support a standard MIDI mode so that it can be used with Push-specific unaware apps?

The main manual's not that helpful:
User — All of Push 2’s built-in functionality can be disabled via User Mode. This allows Push 2 to be reprogrammed to control alternate functions in Live or other software. (Tip: Push 2’s relative encoders work best in “Relative (2’s Comp.)” mode. To ensure this mode is selected, turn the encoder slowly to the left during mapping.)
However, https://github.com/Ableton/push-interfa ... IDI%20Mode explains further. You need to use the "User" port, not the "Live" port from software other than Live (see the guide for naming).

Now, the hard part appears to be getting the device into "User" mode - you need to respond to the "User" pad press by sending a SysEx command... I guess you can just send the command, without waiting for the pad press, of course.

Yeah, I'm not figuring it out and not really sure it's worth my time as I have a friend that will loan me one of his old midi keyboards any time I want, which is what I'll probably do. The Push can trigger notes but that's about it. The encoders just go from 0-127, sort of like a toggle I guess? I don't have the patience to try to fool with it. It's much easier to buy something that just works so I can get on with making some music. Playing with the demo and just started reading the beginning of the manual and figured I'd ask before I got started. Thanks though, I do appreciate the replies. :tu:
Ableton Live 10 / Push

Return to “MUTOOLS”