I'm having trouble connecting my Midi Keyboard

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm looking for help connecting my midi keyboard to Mulab. I have all the necessary drivers downloaded and my computer recognizes it, but I can't figure out how to get mulab to recognize the keyboard. Can someone give me a step by step of getting their keyboard implemented into Mulab?

When I click "midi setup" and it brings up the options for midi ins and outs, my keyboards are not available options.

click the drop-down and select the controller under a midi-in slot
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

As above

My problem is that when I click the drop down neither of my two controllers will show up as an option. Is there some step I need to do first to have Mulab recognize it as a viable option?

Standard IT Support question: have you tried turning your computer off and on after installing the drivers?

If there's a set up tool for the keyboard, does that see the keyboard when you run it?

I think we'll be assuming Windows but which version? And 32 bit or 64 bit?

Are you using the 32 bit MuLab or the 64 bit?

Are the drivers 32 bit or 64 bit?

Plug in, plug out, beat it a few times, works

I have tried powering down and off. I run 64 bit windows and mulab and have all the drivers. Still... nothing. Any other thoughts? Has anyone else had this trouble?

You missed one of the questions -- can the software that came with the keyboard see the keyboard? Is it _only_ MuLab having problems - have you tried any other DAW or MIDI software?

And perhaps importantly, what midi keyboards are you trying to connect ?
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

Or more importantly, What port are you connecting it to ??

Download the MIDI diagnostic tool MIDI-OX, and use it to test what your midi device is doing, what notes its sending,the channel its on etc etc
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “MUTOOLS”