Choose Colours + Rename

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I know this isn't the time for FR's, but while it's on my mind I thought I'd just put it out there.

When renaming or choosing colours for Racks, Tracks or Parts, it's tedious to click on each and Rename or Choose Colour one after the other. Could you add a way to select several Racks, Tracks or Parts so that we could perhaps press the Ctrl key to show a context menu where we can select either Choose Colour for All Selected or Rename.

Rename is a little more complex, but this could have a window appear with all Racks, Tracks or Parts in a list. Click on an item in the list to edit a name. Easier than R-click everything and selecting rename.
If a Part/Sequence exists, it's name could appear in a list in a column on the left so you could copy the name then paste it into Right column.

Or perhaps easier, Have option to Auto name Racks after a Sequence.

Thanks

Auto name Racks after a Sequence
Sequence name (could set->) Part name (could set->) Track name (could set->) Rack name -- following the container and targeting paths. As ever, what if three sequences used in twenty parts across seven tracks all target the one rack..? :D

Ok I see your point but not everyone works the same way...
If we did then half the stuff in any DAW wouldn't exist.
Was just a thought, I expect nothing, so if it happens it happens ;)

Besides it could just be an option?

I second your desire for a smoother way of working with names and colours.

I have no great idea at the moment (and as pijones points out people use MuLab in many strange ways :wink: ) but perhaps this conversation could continue after the release of MuLab 8.
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Tip: Using a shortcut it just takes a single key press to rename / color something.

And track / rack / ... names can be edited via a double-click.

Thanks for the tip
I already knew of the double click, thanks anyway

Thanks Jo,

Another point worth mentioning is that colors and names can (of course) be set wisely as default project. For example, I always want my drum track on top and in red, and since almost all my music has drums, I set the named and colored drum track in my default project.
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

:tu:

Return to “MUTOOLS”