Getting osc's Num Layers value on MUX synth's front panel

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I'm working on a MUX synth and would like to access the osc's Num Layers value as a knob/dial on my front panel of the synth. I know I can put the Layers button on there and it works fine, but for this synth, I just want the user to be able to modify the number of layers value directly from the front panel.

Is this possible? The value can't be dragged to the front panel, and it cannot be dragged to a meta parameter either, I think.

Thanks!
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

To clarify: I am talking about the Num Layers editable value in the oscillator's Deep Edit window.

That is the value I would like as a miniknob on my synth's front panel.

While I'm at it: it would be great having the possibility to set discrete values for a knob or slider. For example: in this particular case it does only make sense to have odd values (1, 3, 5 etc) because the main layer is centred and the others are panned right or left. So I would much appreciate a pop-up where one could enter a comma separated list of integers or decimal values (case-dependent).
Go MuLab!

Yea i wonna know as well, same issue, also in a multiform oscillator, once u add each waveform as waveform display in the front panel and save it, it goes away once I reopen it (Just adding to your query)

Sorry for the late answer:
The "Num Layers" indeed is not an automatable parameter, nor can it be dropped on a front panel.
A possible option is to make different versions of your patch each with a different value for Num Layers.

Jimp_music wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:46 pm Also in a multiform oscillator, once u add each waveform as waveform display in the front panel and save it, it goes away once I reopen it (Just adding to your query)
Please explain in more detail.

mutools wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:59 pm Sorry for the late answer:
The "Num Layers" indeed is not an automatable parameter, nor can it be dropped on a front panel.
A possible option is to make different versions of your patch each with a different value for Num Layers.
Ok thanks, no worries. As you perhaps saw in my Temperance movie (see other thread) the result was beyond my expectations anyway. :tu:
Go MuLab!

Return to “MUTOOLS”