FR: Ghost copy for automation parts

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just downloaded Mulab to check it out. Coming from FL studio here.

I see ghost copying only works for MIDI parts but not for automation parts, why?

Also, automation curves are pretty unusable. The "exponential" curve is not symmetrical around the 45° line, please download the FL Studio demo, FL's implementation is spot-on. Here's a comparison between the two. The automation curve in FL can be a lot smoother. If anyone here knows how I can draw a similar curve in MuLab, I'd like to know. I've tried but couldn't.

The problem is that the vertical part of each curve segment is tangent to the vertical axis, while the horizontal segment is always at an angle. Seriously, try FL Studio because they have got this right.

PS: It looks like the "symmetric" curve type in MuLab is similar to the FL studio curve type, but for some reason curve tension can only be adjusted in discrete steps rather than gradually, and I don't see how that could be of use to anyone.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Scoox wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:27 am I see ghost copying only works for MIDI parts but not for automation parts, why?
It's on the wishlist.
Here's a comparison between the two. The automation curve in FL can be a lot smoother
Not sure why you made such assymetrical curve and then also zoomed in the screenshot that much, that looks less good. It surely is not a true comparison between the curves in MuLab and Fls, imho.
If anyone here knows how I can draw a similar curve in MuLab, I'd like to know. I've tried but couldn't.
You do know that MuLab comes with a rich collection of curve types, do you?
Pls see https://www.mutools.com/info/docs/common/curves.html

To answer your question: You can for example use the "Exponential 2" type with value 6.
This gives you this curve:
P1.png
Another option is to use the Sine Q4Q1 curves, that's the most smooth transition that exists.

In the above mentioned doc page there also is a link to the envelop editor, but i also include that direct link here: https://www.mutools.com/info/docs/commo ... ditor.html

Hope this helps. And if u have additional questions about this, just ask.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I know it's easier said than done but it would be much more user-friendly if curve geometry could be adjusted with just the mouse in real time. Most users won't even bother exploring the various curve types let alone different values.

Scoox wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:28 am I know it's easier said than done but it would be much more user-friendly if curve geometry could be adjusted with just the mouse in real time. Most users won't even bother exploring the various curve types let alone different values.
Id suggest try scrolling on the curve graph that opens when you try and adjust the curve value. Mu7 Docs give a beautiful insight into mulab's user interfact and tbh getting results does take hardwork and time.

Jimp_music wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:07 am
Scoox wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:28 am I know it's easier said than done but it would be much more user-friendly if curve geometry could be adjusted with just the mouse in real time. Most users won't even bother exploring the various curve types let alone different values.
Id suggest try scrolling on the curve graph that opens when you try and adjust the curve value. Mu7 Docs give a beautiful insight into mulab's user interfact and tbh getting results does take hardwork and time.
Will take a look, thanks! I don't use MuLab but I download demos of all DAWs a couple of times a year to see where things are at.

Return to “MUTOOLS”