No next file found

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Got Mux 7.74 loaded in Bitwig and others. Windows 10.

All works except the preset arrow < > buttons. Clicking them pops up this each time:

"No next file found"
or
"No previous file found"

Have MUX (64bit) folder in my own location: %User%\AppData\Local\vstplugins

If I open a factory preset in MUX, say "Basic Synth", clicking "<" gets me "Vogel" and clicking ">" gets me "Dakkra Wavework".

If I open a user preset in MUX, in my case, "...\Instruments\bibz1st\Pro One", clicking "<" gets me "Primordial" and clicking ">" gets me "Randomizer".

Did you put the entire MUX ZIP content under that folder? You'll need at least:
- everything directly in the MUX.ZIP top level folder
- the App folder and its content
- the User folder with the Settings sub-folder and its content
- then to set the actual location of the user Library folder in the settings, if it's elsewhere

In most hosts, you can put the MUX.ZIP content, maintaining its directory structure, anywhere, and then introduce the host to the VST (politely :) ) - it should "just work" in a good host.

The worst place to put it the binary, though, is in a Windows-protected directory, as Windows can cause problems by preventing settings being updated. Doesn't sound like you've got that far, though.

Write access in AppData should be fine. And the folder structure seems in order. Obviously I can load all presets from the drop-down.

Poking in the MUX preferences I see:

"User Library Folder"
Default Value=
Current Value=

Please do this:

* Launch your host + insert a MUX
* Now in MUX go to the main options menu (the one with "Insert User Key" etc) and choose "Command Line"
* Type the command "keep log"
* Email me the most recent Log-yyyymmdd-hhmmss.txt file in your MUX installation folder

Current email address is on http://mutools.com/company-about.html

sent

Thx, well received. Sorry for the delayed response. I can repeat the issue and will have a deeper look at it.

Ok found the reason: It's because AppData is a hidden folder, that's what's causing the trouble. Current solution is to put the MUX 7 folder in a neutral folder eg c:\VstPlugins\MuTools\MUX cfr https://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mux/installation.html

Return to “MUTOOLS”