Issues recording audio from microphone

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a Samson GoMic and I am using a Creative SB X-Fi sound card. I have tried to use an ASIO driver as well to no avail. I can hear audio with any driver selected, I only cannot record audio directly from my microphone. If you need any more information from me feel free to ask, and I hope that we can get this problem solved.

Which Asio driver are you using? Asio4All?

Can you confirm the following, please:
Go to MULAB->Audio Setup
AudioSetup.PNG
What have you got as the "Audio Driver Type"?
What have you got as the "Audio Driver Name"?

If you're using ASIO4ALL (you'll need to, it can combine your audio input and audio output devices), the "Control Panel" should look something like this:
ASIO4ALL.PNG
and you should have selected inputs under the Samson Go Mic USB driver and selected outputs under your Creative soundcard driver.

Back in MuLab, could you also then list the selected entries under "Select Inputs".
SelectedInputs.PNG
Finally, you probably also want to turn off direct monitoring on the Go Mic to avoid confusion - you should be monitoring through MuLab to ensure your signal path is correct.

Once you've all the sorted, you can click the "Add track" button, select "Audio track" - you'll get a new track targeting a new rack created. If you click the /^ popout arrow on the track header, you'll get a "Recorder" properties panel for the audio recorder. You can turn on monitoring here (or on the track header) and check that the correct input assignments have been made, including whether the source is using the L or R channels or really is stereo.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “MUTOOLS”