iZotope and MuLab

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bibz1st wrote:Maybe a better thing to do then is scan the folder that contains any possible .dll unless you know which one specifically
Possibly..but the end result would still be the same, leaving me with the same issue regardless, as MuLab would still try to include the other dll file during the scan..but would give the same error message..I suspect. (I didn't try actually scanning the whole folder like you suggest.)

I still don't know what that other dll file is for and iZotope support still haven't gotten back to me in answer to my reply. Does anyone reading this actually know what the difference between the two dll files is and what the other one does? They both installed into the same folder..one seems to be your standard VST 2 dll file, which MuLab can scan and load..while the other..well..I don't know what it is or does. I've never noticed any other VST installing a file like this one before, so I can't even make a guess as to it's purpose.
Ambient Mechanics

Its just a info message telling you it couldnt scan one, not really an error as such so it shouldnt matter
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

bibz1st wrote:Its just a info message telling you it couldnt scan one, not really an error as such so it shouldnt matter

It's an error in so far as you're trying to scan it in and it won't scan..in other words, it's not doing what you expect it to do. But, granted, MuLab isn't actually doing anything "wrong"..it's merely reporting it can't do what I'm trying to get it to do.

The real thing here is, as I've already touched on, is the installer is placing two dll files into my VST folder, when installers usually one put one dll file there..and there's no explanation as to what that second dll file is for or what it's doing..and, as Jo said, iZotope support's reply was a little obtuse and not really much help at all. Telling me their software doesn't support MuLab and that I should try another host is not addressing the issue..just sidestepping it.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback on this..much appreciated. :tu:
Ambient Mechanics

Ambient Mechanics wrote:It's an error in so far as you're trying to scan it in and it won't scan.
To be precise: In fact MuLab does scan it and it sees that it is not a VST DLL and is informing you about that.

Anyway we agree on the fact that it is an ambiguous situation and Izotope could make it more clean. And communicate more adequate.

mutools wrote:
Ambient Mechanics wrote:It's an error in so far as you're trying to scan it in and it won't scan.
To be precise: In fact MuLab does scan it and it sees that it is not a VST DLL and is informing you about that.

Anyway we agree on the fact that it is an ambiguous situation and Izotope could make it more clean. And communicate more adequate.
Exactly, Jo..and it's a shame there isn't a "thanks" button here (..or is there one and I just didn't see it?), as I would have clicked it for all the help and advice given on this.

Much appreciated. :wink:
Ambient Mechanics

Please spread the good vibes by mentioning MuLab and www.MuTools.com in your public track descriptions and by spreading the MuTools news and videos via your social media!

bibz1st wrote:Maybe a better thing to do then is scan the folder that contains any possible .dll unless you know which one specifically
Yes that's the best way, MuLab is quite robust really .

heks wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:15 pm
Ambient Mechanics wrote:Hi Jo,

Just wondering what the issue is with using iZotope products in MuLab? Sorry if this has been asked by somebody already..I couldn't find it if it has.Dan
Everything working fine here. Try dragging Ozone 8 vst into Mulab, its the Ozone 8.dll you want, not the iZOzone8.dll.
hi, sorry to revive this thread but i am getting the same with Izotope Neutron 2
(christmas present to self yesterday)

same type of messages

and the folder structure from Izotope is all over the shop so it is difficult to locate the DLL that is needed.
>
when you say "drag it straight into Mutool" where am i dragging it to? The VST management window or into a channel strip?
wee have also sound-houses

U should choose Ozone8.dll instead of IzOzone8.dll.ALl izotope plugins work here,no any problem.btw i use dxi,vst3,sfz,sf2 plugins in Mutools Mulab.If u look at carefully,will understand that Reaper and Mutools are relatives,(>_<)
SCANDALLY FAMOUS COMPOSER :x
https://raph-t.bandcamp.com/

ta ^^
wee have also sound-houses

Return to “MUTOOLS”