iZotope and MuLab

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Jo,

Just wondering what the issue is with using iZotope products in MuLab? Sorry if this has been asked by somebody already..I couldn't find it if it has.

I recently bought their Ozone 8, which was on offer, and scanned it into MuLab..but MuLab gave me an error message saying it couldn't find any VST in the folder it had scanned. (For the record, I'd installed the VST 2 64bit version of their software.) I emailed iZotope support about it and got an email back that basically told me they don't support MuLab, which I find strange, as I have other software of theirs that works just fine..and they are also VST 2 64 bit. They also suggested I try downloading Reaper instead. I don't need a new host..I'm more than happy with the one I already have..I just want their products to work with / in it! :dog:

I've replied back to them, asking if this situation can ever be "overcome" in the future, so their products work in MuLab..hence me also posting this here. I think it's a real disservice to MuLab if you can't run such industry standard programs as those offered by iZotope..any chance we ever will be able to?

Please forgive my ignorance about all of this..I always thought if a host could handle VST2 programs, then any VST 2 program would run in that host..but this seems not to be case. Why is this?

All the best :wink:

Dan
Ambient Mechanics

Izotope is not the only one, for some reason many new plugin builds are not working in MuLab where they did previously. Sadly, ‘no one’ seems interested in figuring out why.

Ambient Mechanics wrote:Hi Jo,

Just wondering what the issue is with using iZotope products in MuLab? Sorry if this has been asked by somebody already..I couldn't find it if it has.

I recently bought their Ozone 8, which was on offer, and scanned it into MuLab..but MuLab gave me an error message saying it couldn't find any VST in the folder it had scanned.
What's the exact error message?

And are you sure you're scanning the relevant folder?
Note that some VSTs use an installation folder but put the very VST DLL in the standard folder location eg C:\Program Files\Vstplugins or C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Vstplugins

pekbro wrote:Izotope is not the only one, for some reason many new plugin builds are not working in MuLab where they did previously. Sadly, ‘no one’ seems interested in figuring out why.
That's the first thing i hear about this. Note however that MuLab only supports VST 2 not (yet) VST 3.

Just wondering what the issue is with using iZotope products in MuLab? Sorry if this has been asked by somebody already..I couldn't find it if it has.Dan
Everything working fine here. Try dragging Ozone 8 vst into Mulab, its the Ozone 8.dll you want, not the iZOzone8.dll.

mutools wrote:
pekbro wrote:Izotope is not the only one, for some reason many new plugin builds are not working in MuLab where they did previously. Sadly, ‘no one’ seems interested in figuring out why.
That's the first thing i hear about this. Note however that MuLab only supports VST 2 not (yet) VST 3.
Its not the first time you've heard about this, your answer was to bing it to the
plugin developers. Developers who don't care about MuLab.

-Cheers

pekbro wrote:Its not the first time you've heard about this, your answer was to bing it to the
plugin developers.
FYI: I only say that if that's technically the right answer.
For example: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9&t=509747

Point me to one VST that is not working in MuLab and where MuLab is at fault. (add tech details)
Developers who don't care about MuLab.
That's not my choice, i can't help that, except by further growing MuLab, which i'm working on.

heks wrote:

Just wondering what the issue is with using iZotope products in MuLab? Sorry if this has been asked by somebody already..I couldn't find it if it has.Dan
Everything working fine here. Try dragging Ozone 8 vst into Mulab, its the Ozone 8.dll you want, not the iZOzone8.dll.

Thanks..that did the trick..seems to work just fine now. :tu:

I'd been trying to scan in the iZOzone8 dll instead..but the Ozone8 one scanned in without any problem. What's the difference between the two, do you know? I wonder why they install two dlls like that into your vst folder for the same program with slightly different names?
Ambient Mechanics

Ok then that’s a different issue with Ozone. I stopped buying Izotope stuff a while back.

-cheers

*There is still one developer to try with the aeffect error. He’s a good guy whom I expect to care. He’s very busy atm though.

mutools wrote:

I recently bought their Ozone 8, which was on offer, and scanned it into MuLab..but MuLab gave me an error message saying it couldn't find any VST in the folder it had scanned.
What's the exact error message?

And are you sure you're scanning the relevant folder?
Note that some VSTs use an installation folder but put the very VST DLL in the standard folder location eg C:\Program Files\Vstplugins or C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Vstplugins
Sorry, Jo..I get a "VST Plug-In Scan Log" window pop up that says the following..

"Ready to start scanning /C/Program Files/VSTPlugins/iZOzone8Elements.dll

Scanning /C/Program Files/VSTPlugins/iZOzone8Elements.dll
Couldn't find main vst function in iZOzone8Elements.dll
Couldn't create VST instance for iZOzone8Elements.dll
Added 0 VST plug-ins
New total= (number of vsts I currently have)"

As I posted already, heks suggestion worked for me..I should have focused on the "Ozone8Elements.dll" and not the "iZOzone8Elements.dll" like I had done..but I didn't even know there were two files installed for this program in the same folder.

You'd think the support guy who replied would have suggested the same thing, rather than suggesting I try Reaper instead.

Anyway, it seems to be working just fine now..but I still don't understand why it didn't work with the first dll file I tried to scan.

Dan
Ambient Mechanics

To everyone reading this - I have to point out I should have said the issue is to do with Ozone 8 Elements..and not Ozone 8. My apologies for any confusion caused.

My bad :roll:
Ambient Mechanics

Ambient Mechanics wrote:What's the difference between the two, do you know? I wonder why they install two dlls like that into your vst folder for the same program with slightly different names?
That are questions for Izotope.

Ambient Mechanics wrote:You'd think the support guy who replied would have suggested the same thing, rather than suggesting I try Reaper instead.
Indeed. Izotope's reaction was a bit obtuse imho.

mutools wrote:
Ambient Mechanics wrote:You'd think the support guy who replied would have suggested the same thing, rather than suggesting I try Reaper instead.
Indeed. Izotope's reaction was a bit obtuse imho.
Exactly my thoughts. I'm still waiting to hear back from them regarding why their software doesn't support MuLab..suggesting I get Reaper instead is hardly sorting out the issue or explaining why it happened in the first place.

Anyway, thanks for the fast response as always..much appreciated. :tu:
Ambient Mechanics

Maybe a better thing to do then is scan the folder that contains any possible .dll unless you know which one specifically
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

Return to “MUTOOLS”