8bit music

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't know how much this topic is talked about and if I can really do much about it, but I really have been wanting to create 8-bit music with mulab, though I just don't know how. I am new to music making and I learned some things about plugins, but I run a 64-bit system and most of the 8-bit programs only run in 32-bit. Then I tried using Jbridge, which seemed to work, but could not create readable 64-bit plugins for me to use. I was wondering if Mulab already has something in the system for that kind of thing, or maybe planning for it in the future, cause that would be really nice. If not, anyone know of any plugins that I could use? I have been trying to keep it in the free-not very expensive.

Before I leave it at that, I did find a different program that has 8-bit implemented into it already that's free, but I am more used to mulab and like its more flexible interface (in my opinion) and would like to stick to doing things in there.

Thank you!

It's called "bit reduction" and relates to the audio waveform - not the CPU architecture. (Although, originally, of course, the CPU architecture was also eight bit... hence "eight bit" being a name as much for a style that uses bit reduced audio, as the audio waveform itself...)

Modules -> Audio Processors -> Bit Reducer

I've made an 8bit style MUX synth. If you'd like to try it out drop me a line.
Steve
Aka Midland Synthetics

FSM77 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:58 pm I've made an 8bit style MUX synth. If you'd like to try it out drop me a line.
Steve
Yeah that would be great if you would upload it to here for everyone

Return to “MUTOOLS”