Mulab 8

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Go Mulab!

benheman wrote:Go Mulab!
Yeah, exactly like it says in my signature line! :)
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Any chance of adding AAF import/export to V8?

I can't comment on new feature requests except for giving this info:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9&t=357048

Still working on the whole time-stretching adventure. It's progressing.

mutools wrote:I can't comment on new feature requests except for giving this info:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9&t=357048

Still working on the whole time-stretching adventure. It's progressing.
It was just to sow the seed,, get you thinking about it :) .

Sorry but i'll continue the focus on the whole time-stretching adventure. It's a quite vast adventure :)

Since it's time-stretching, it should take longer than expected. :hihi:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Any word on a beta ?

SparkySpark wrote:Since it's time-stretching, it should take longer than expected. :hihi:
good time stretching and transpose is very hard to program, thats the reason wy most licence elastique . even a big company as steinberg have license elastique instead develop their own version.
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

Mulab FTW!

Looks like VST 3 might be on the horizon sooner than expected... :scared:
And if there's any OpenGL going on... :scared:

"Exciting" time to be a cross-platform dev. :borg: :help: :lol:

All that aside, take my money for Mulab8!
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Mulab 8 wont be out this century sorry

runaudio wrote:Mulab 8 wont be out this century sorry
With the greatest respect, this is MuLab's problem!
So many things will never see light of day due to time restrictions of a loan dev.
Sad really!
:hihi: :lol:

Not before the year 2100?? Oops then i should seriously slow down. (and I have to let myself be frozen so i can continue working just before then)

freddo wrote:
With the greatest respect, this is MuLab's problem!
So many things will never see light of day due to time restrictions of a loan dev.
Sad really!
Time restrictions of a single dev, yes that's correct.
But please focus and be creative with what's in MuLab and MUX and not what's not in it.

Time-stretching was one of the top feature requests so i had to answer that. Working on it.
magicmusic wrote:good time stretching and transpose is very hard to program
Indeed.

And the whole M8 R&D has been slowed down by some serious events at the beginning of this year. I'm not going into details, but these events caused a delay of several months. These issues have been handled and i'm working hard on M8. (even skipped my summer holiday to gain time)

For those who follow the little bits of info i gave about M8 timestretching R&D: First i developed a pseudo-realtime strategy where timestretched parts where automatically restretched in the background. But during test jams it turned out that that way of working had some important workflow drawbacks. So i've re-factored the whole timestretching engine so to make it work realtime. An extra advantage of the stretch engine working realtime is that timestretching will not only available in the composer but also in the sampler.
runaudio wrote:Any word on a beta ?
It's like a puzzle. As long as i'm not sure that the whole puzzle will be right i can't make estimations that make sense, since a bad estimation works counter-productive, for users and me. The good thing is that the M8 puzzle is getting more and more complete. Believe me i'm also looking very much forward to share a serious new version of MuLab, and already looking forward to start building M8.x and M9. (in fact there are already preparatory developments for M9 in M8)

Return to “MUTOOLS”