MuLib : MuLab & MUX Modular Community Library

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SparkySpark wrote:give a good explanation of the instrument/effect etc and give recommendations on how to use it.
A text file with that info can accompany the preset, but some designers are not good at/don't like doing that, which creates an opportunity for others to help.
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

...or alternatively, a chance to download everything in one mouseclick.

...or perhaps just one folder per category. Categorizing by developer doesn't make sense to me (but I am very grateful for people wanting to share their synths etc).
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Michael L wrote:
SparkySpark wrote:give a good explanation of the instrument/effect etc and give recommendations on how to use it.
A text file with that info can accompany the preset, but some designers are not good at/don't like doing that, which creates an opportunity for others to help.
I hear you! :)

This would be even more suited for a db solution in that case: people can comment like in a forum style.

Perhaps best would be to just download all at once and then have a link from the synths etc to the proper thread on KVR or so?
Go MuLab!

SparkySpark wrote:This would be even more suited for a db solution in that case: people can comment like in a forum style.
Forum with comments is particularly unhelpful for documentation, in my view. Unless the original poster takes the time to maintain their original post with feedback, every single subsequent reader has to read the thread and work out what was right and what was wrong, helpful or unhelpful. So, avoid forum style for documentation.

Really it comes down to the simple, straight-forward approach - just write something useful. If you need help, post on this existing board, asking for help -- just like people already do when developing patches.
SparkySpark wrote:Perhaps best would be to just download all at once and then have a link from the synths etc to the proper thread on KVR or so?
The point is to avoid having to hunt threads on KVR to find things. The organisation is intended to be easier to use. Of course, there's nothing to stop anyone posting a thread here and linking to their upload once it's in the right folder (i.e. moved out of _Inbox) - maybe even start the thread and have the text file with the upload reference it, then amend the thread first post. Still the tools are in place - nothing extra seems needed to me.

SparkySpark wrote:...or alternatively, a chance to download everything in one mouseclick.
It is already possible.

Open this page: Now with yous mouse click the first element of the list (which currently is the folder named "_Inbox" but don't release immediately the button of your mouse! Instead of releasing, now move your mouse towards the bottom of the list. That's all. You release the button of your mouse when you want. Then at the top right of the page you click this button:

Then you choose the command "Download".

That's all. It allows you to download everything in a ALL-IN-ONE zip file.
:tu:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Thank you!

Thanks again for the instruments etc too!

One question: if I check back in a few months' time, how can I see what is newly uploaded?
Go MuLab!

SparkySpark wrote:One question: if I check back in a few months' time, how can I see what is newly uploaded?
A first clue: compare the timestamp of one of these folders which appear in the root page (here) with the timestamp of your last zip file (it is named to include its timestamp in its name).

That way, you immediately know if a folder (of subfolder has been updated since your last download of all the pack.

I always do that way with the things which are on different Google drives I periodically use.
:tu:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

ok thanks!
Go MuLab!

now, you can also open the spreadsheet from the root folder which lists all patches. the latest on top. it is updated every 2 hours.

Some things to share who do i give them to ?

Upload them in the _Inbox folder.

mutools wrote:Upload them in the _Inbox folder.
Done :tu:

Just wondering how come my stuff hasn't been added ?

It takes time, be patient padawan ;-)
:hihi: :lol:

Talking generaly: Note that uploading things into the MuLib Inbox is no guarantee that they will be added into MuLib. The important aspect is that it are quality presets that are useful to other users. Again, i say this in general, i did not look at the files myself. Also note that MuLib mainly is a user driven solution. Please be respectful and patient to the kind people who manage it. I can imagine that being impatient will not help in the good sense. I myself helped starting up MuLib as there was a need for a central place for shared projects & presets, but i'm not really monitoring it. Please also read the Read Me.txt in the MuLib root folder. Thx to everyone contributing to MuLib. Meanwhile i continue the R&D of the next versions of MuLab & MUX Modular.

Return to “MUTOOLS”