MUX Modular 7.2.23 VST, also for Mac!

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Please double-check that you're using the latest version: Main MUX VST window -> main options button (=top-right gear button) -> About MUX Modular -> version is shown at bottom of splash.

If it's indeed M7.2.19 then please give me a step by step as detailed as possible starting from a new Renoise project so i can try to repeat the crash you're encountering. And if you can retrieve a MacOS crash report with the crash details pls email that to me. Thx.

mutools wrote:
Satch1 wrote:oscillator layers are still not working in oscillators used outside of the poly synth.
They do work, but the issue is that when you change the layer setup of an osc outside the PolySynth you need to switch the oscillator off+on so to update the new layer setup. That's an issue indeed and it's on the wishlist, but there is a little tech complication, and i'm working on more requested things first. Until that fix, switch the osc off+on to 'push' the new layer settings. That's only when used outside the PolySynth, which is a rather exceptional case.
Okay I hadn't discovered that yet. Maybe I can map a midi button to the on/off switch. Not ideal indeed but will try that for now. Maybe I'm mistaken but I thought that they used to work as normal outside the PolySynth?
The reason I like to use oscillators outside the PolySynth is so I can run them through vst filters and distortions etc. Anyway thanks for the reply, much appreciated, and I shall be waiting patiently for a cure (hopefully). :wink:

No need to put them outside the polysynth to do that, just attach you vsts to the polysynth output, then you dont have to worry about the layers "issue"
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

bibz1st wrote:No need to put them outside the polysynth to do that, just attach you vsts to the polysynth output, then you dont have to worry about the layers "issue"
Yes that's what I'm going to do for now, but the problem I have with that is having an extra level to click through to access the synth parameters. Not a huge deal but it slows editing down somewhat. What I'm wanting to do is build a monophonic synth inside a MUX using MUX oscillators and modulation but vst filters etc. Then I use that as a single voice to make a polyphonic synth by duplicating it up to 16 voices and using the Note Dispatcher module to trigger them.

FYI Jo, using the on/off workaround for the oscillator isn't working here in the latest version.

Hoping this is an obvious one.
OSX 10.11.6 (El Capitan) am getting the following error when scanning Mux Modular

Have tried it in latest versions of Live, Bidule, Renoise with the same dialog.
Not sure what the Quarantine Remover is but I have set the "Gatekeeper" to allow apps from anywhere.

Satch1 wrote:FYI Jo, using the on/off workaround for the oscillator isn't working here in the latest version.
Oops, i see, i thought that would do the trick, but it indeed doesn't. I've made sure it does do the trick in the next version.

secretkillerofnames wrote:Hoping this is an obvious one.
OSX 10.11.6 (El Capitan) am getting the following error when scanning Mux Modular

Have tried it in latest versions of Live, Bidule, Renoise with the same dialog.
Not sure what the Quarantine Remover is but I have set the "Gatekeeper" to allow apps from anywhere.
Are you sure you have installed the complete MUX Modular VST package? You should see "App" and "User" sub-folders in the folder containing MUX Modular Effect.vst and MUX Modular Synth.vst
If not please reinstall MUX Modular VST.

If you're sure the installation is ok, then please do this:

* Open the Mac Console app and make sure you see the messages coming from the host.
* Plug-in a first instace of MUX Modular VST.
* Now in the console you should see a message "MuTools VST plugin MUX Modular global init". Right?
* There will be more messages coming from MUX. Please copy-paste all these console messages and email them to me or post them in a reply here.

mutools wrote:Please double-check that you're using the latest version: Main MUX VST window -> main options button (=top-right gear button) -> About MUX Modular -> version is shown at bottom of splash.

If it's indeed M7.2.19 then please give me a step by step as detailed as possible starting from a new Renoise project so i can try to repeat the crash you're encountering. And if you can retrieve a MacOS crash report with the crash details pls email that to me. Thx.
Hi,
yes it's 7.2.19, I checked that.

Steps to reproduce:
- Load Renoise 3.1 64bit Demo on OSX 10.9
- Simply insert MUX as fx into a track
- Maybe add some generator so it was at least once activated
- Now remove the MUX device from track -> Renoise just disappears, without any crash message or crash log

Same for the VSTi.

EDIT:
I now checked also on OSX 10.12.1, indeed there it works without crash. So it is only reproducible on OSX 10.9. Btw. Renoise usually works really solid with plugins. Never seen such force quit crash in a plugin before. I only know exactly this behavior from old times of VST OSX programming, it was always some memory leak.
Last edited by Hanz Meyzer on Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mutools wrote:
Satch1 wrote:FYI Jo, using the on/off workaround for the oscillator isn't working here in the latest version.
Oops, i see, i thought that would do the trick, but it indeed doesn't. I've made sure it does do the trick in the next version.
:tu: Thanks

Oh I've worked it out.
The 7.2.19 zip doesn't uncompress with an APP folder for me.
I installed the 7.2.17 one and it has both APP and USER and works fine.
Gave up hope of ever seeing MUX Mod working on Mac but it's looking great!
Payday i'm buying it for sure.
:tu:

Oh so you only extracted the .vst files! That doesn't work indeed.

Please read the general install instructions: http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mux/installation.html

Then once you have installed the most recent complete package you can often more quickly update to the very latest updates by updating the executable binary files only, see http://www.mutools.com/mux/app-patch/

Hope that explains things.

mutools, maybe you could make a dmg instead and place a shortcut in it named "drop here (vst dir)" linking to /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST.

Thx for the suggestion Hanz. Maybe i'll do that (lateron) as DMGs are a bit more common on Mac. But it won't change anything about the practical issue secretkillerofnames encountered. It's about installing an update in an empty installation folder, that will never work.

Any chance to see a fix for the crash problem soon? Or is it non trivial to fix?

Return to “MUTOOLS”