MUX Modular 7.2.23 VST, also for Mac!

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Maybe i am blind but is it true that MUX Modular only has 1 midi related FX preset, namely the Stepsequencer ?
I am much interested in midi processing capabilities (midi arps, Key/Scale quantisation, CC LFO's etc etc) within MUX Modular and the Stepsequencer is the only preset in found in this area.

Warm Regards.
Rob van Hees

vanhaze wrote:Maybe i am blind but is it true that MUX Modular only has 1 midi related FX preset, namely the Stepsequencer ?
I am much interested in midi processing capabilities (midi arps, Key/Scale quantisation, CC LFO's etc etc) within MUX Modular and the Stepsequencer is the only preset in found in this area.

Warm Regards.
There's only one "Delay", too... but I get where you're coming from, audio is well covered. However, there are no modulation presets (i.e. with Modulation inputs and outputs) at all, so that's definitely worse off ;). There's a lot of scope for providing more examples of what's possible.

Hm, one problem with something like a MIDI LFO is that the MIDI Controller Generator can't have it's "Controller ID" or "Channel" controlled except directly in the component. So you can't have a nice MuX front panel with the basic LFO and CC details easily availble - you have to delve into the modular area to do the editing. See attached:
MIDILFO.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi there and many thanks for your help !

Mmm, for me, seems abit of bummer that MUX Modular lacks "on the midi processing side"
Rob van Hees

Hi,

just want to report a bug in OSX:

- Force quit / crash daw if MUX effect's fx slot is deleted by DAW. So memory leak or whatever. Reproducible always.

- Same for MUX VSTi

Renoise 3.1 64bit OSX 10.9.4
Last edited by Hanz Meyzer on Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vanhaze wrote:I want to thank Dev greatly for releasing MUX Modular VST -mac version :tu:
I run it in Reaper 5.29 64bit on my macbook retina 2015 and it runs great, i am really, really happy !
Warm regards.
Thx :tu:

vanhaze wrote:Maybe i am blind but is it true that MUX Modular only has 1 midi related FX preset, namely the Stepsequencer ?
Maybe there are not many MUX presets specifically for processing events, but you can also directly plug-in MUX modules ("Event Processors" group) into a rack for example the Note Mapper module to for example to translate single notes into rich chords. Etc.

One thing is sure: To get the most out of MUX Modular best to regularly dive into the modular area and not rely on preset patches alone.

vanhaze wrote:Hi there and many thanks for your help !
Mmm, for me, seems abit of bummer that MUX Modular lacks "on the midi processing side"
Not sure if that's true. Have a look at all Event Generators & Event Processors modules, and combine those with Modulation Generators & Modulation Processors modules... Quite some options already.

Many thanks for the info and great to hear !

I 'm just a MUX Modular Rookie so i wasn't aware of those possibilities, looking forward to dive into these !

Warm regards and keep up the good work :0).
Rob van Hees

You'll see how straight forward it is if you open up the patch I posted.

Hanz Meyzer wrote:Hi,
just want to report a bug in OSX:
- Force quit / crash daw if MUX effect's fx slot is deleted by DAW. So memory leak or whatever. Reproducible always.
- Same for MUX VSTi
Renoise 3.1 64bit OSX 10.9.4
Confirmed. Found the cause, fixed in the next version which will be available soon. Thx for reporting this.

Satch1 wrote:oscillator layers are still not working in oscillators used outside of the poly synth.
They do work, but the issue is that when you change the layer setup of an osc outside the PolySynth you need to switch the oscillator off+on so to update the new layer setup. That's an issue indeed and it's on the wishlist, but there is a little tech complication, and i'm working on more requested things first. Until that fix, switch the osc off+on to 'push' the new layer settings. That's only when used outside the PolySynth, which is a rather exceptional case.

There are new MUX Modular 7.2.19 VST packages in http://www.mutools.com/galaxa/

What's new:
  • Finetuned rendering of automation and modulation envelopes into controller and parameter events. Previously in specific cases there could be small value offsets. Fixed.
  • As a consequence of the finetuned rendering of automation and modulation envelopes, the "Resolution" parameter has been removed from the Parameter Event Generator module editor.
  • Fixed a broken link towards the docs.
  • Fixed a bug that could lead to crashes upon deleting the last MUX VST instance in the host. (eg in Renoise)
How to install: The new zip packages contain the DLLs only so make sure you already have installed the complete M7.2.17 package, then replace the relevant files by the new ones.

mutools wrote:Confirmed. Found the cause, fixed in the next version which will be available soon. Thx for reporting this.
Nice, thanks! So fast again. Too nice.

Hanz, allow me to double-check: Can you confirm the crash issue with MUX VST in Renoise on your Mac is gone with the new M7.2.19 version? It's fixed on the dev Mac here (Sierra) but unfortunately Macs are very MacOS version dependent, that's why i want to double-check.

mutools wrote:Hanz, allow me to double-check: Can you confirm the crash issue with MUX VST in Renoise on your Mac is gone with the new M7.2.19 version? It's fixed on the dev Mac here (Sierra) but unfortunately Macs are very MacOS version dependent, that's why i want to double-check.
Oh, no, it is still crashing...

Return to “MUTOOLS”