MUX Modular 7.2.23 VST, also for Mac!

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

woodsdenis wrote:Unfortunately latest version of MUX Modular 7.2.23 crashes Cubase 8.5 on plugin scan, Mulab seems ok
Reaper (Windows,, 64bit) scans MuX (64bit) OK. It also inserts instances OK.

pljones wrote:
woodsdenis wrote:Unfortunately latest version of MUX Modular 7.2.23 crashes Cubase 8.5 on plugin scan, Mulab seems ok
Reaper (Windows,, 64bit) scans MuX (64bit) OK. It also inserts instances OK.
Sorry I am talking about the Mac version.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Are you saying MUX 7.2.17 did not crash Cubase 8.5 on MacOS 10.9.5 while MUX 7.2.23 does crash the same Cubase on the same Macos?

In order to double-check that, here is a link to MUX 7.2.17: http://www.mutools.com/mux/mux-7-2-17-mac64-vst.zip

When switching versions make sure there only is 1 single MUX version on your system, otherwise hosts might get confused.

Please also do this:

1) Launch MacOS' Console, make sure you see all messages coming from the host, then scan/plugin MUX and copy-paste-email me all messages coming from MUX VST from start until crash. The first message will be "MuTools VST plugin MUX Modular global init"

2) Upon crash, copy-paste-email me the full crash report from MacOS.

Thx.

mutools wrote:Are you saying MUX 7.2.17 did not crash Cubase 8.5 on MacOS 10.9.5 while MUX 7.2.23 does crash the same Cubase on the same Macos?

In order to double-check that, here is a link to MUX 7.2.17: http://www.mutools.com/mux/mux-7-2-17-mac64-vst.zip

When switching versions make sure there only is 1 single MUX version on your system, otherwise hosts might get confused.

Please also do this:

1) Launch MacOS' Console, make sure you see all messages coming from the host, then scan/plugin MUX and copy-paste-email me all messages coming from MUX VST from start until crash. The first message will be "MuTools VST plugin MUX Modular global init"

2) Upon crash, copy-paste-email me the full crash report from MacOS.

Thx.
Will do, I only tried 7.2.23 demo no previous versions , does this make a difference . What's your email?
Mac Studio

mutools wrote:Image
Done
Mac Studio

Can you move the non VST parts of the folder to a separate location. It's unusual on a Mac to have anything but the VST themselves In the plugins/VST folder.
Mac Studio

Hi,

also recent build still crashes Renoise on exit (only if sandbox is disabled).

-Will there be an Audio Units version of MUX for use in Logic?
just curious.

thanks

I can't really answer that question except for saying that it's not yet the very next thing on the todo.

Ok thx

mutools, can I help you with solving the crash-on-exit problem? I would try to use the OSX 10.9 SDK instead... You can send me builds directly to test, if you want.

At the moment not, thx for your kind offer, i'll keep it in mind.

mutools wrote:Please let me know whether MUX VST for Mac works fine in your Mac DAW. As you know MUX VST is brand new and i'm curious whether it works fine on all kinds of Macs in all kinds of DAWs. Thanks.
I have a Mac Pro 3.1 (8-core) on 10.6.8 + MUX 7.48.

Cubase 6.07
Cubase 6.55
Digital Performer 9.02
Studio One 2.65

All are crashing on scan.

Only Reaper64 5.40pre9 is working(!). And BTW, it's a seriously awesome kit, seeing those tools on my Mac it's a great time.

Well done, even with the bugs to work out...

It works fine in all hosts i tried on Sierra.
Did you retry using it in the other hosts after the succesful use in Reaper?
I wonder whether it is related to popping up the license agreement upon first launch/scan.
So maybe now that you have agreed the EULA via Reaper maybe it works in the other ones too?

Return to “MUTOOLS”