MUX Modular 7.2.23 VST, also for Mac!

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hanz Meyzer wrote:Any chance to see a fix for the crash problem soon? Or is it non trivial to fix?
Sorry, i missed your post of 15 dec.
Hanz Meyzer wrote:yes it's 7.2.19, I checked that.

Steps to reproduce:
- Load Renoise 3.1 64bit Demo on OSX 10.9
- Simply insert MUX as fx into a track
- Maybe add some generator so it was at least once activated
- Now remove the MUX device from track -> Renoise just disappears, without any crash message or crash log
Same for the VSTi.
Ok, so exactly the same as before, right?
I now checked also on OSX 10.12.1, indeed there it works without crash. So it is only reproducible on OSX 10.9. Btw. Renoise usually works really solid with plugins. Never seen such force quit crash in a plugin before. I only know exactly this behavior from old times of VST OSX programming, it was always some memory leak.
I don't have 10.9, so i can't check on 10.9. But i'll do another check on possible mem leaks.

Yes, it's the same. I am pretty sure 10.9 only is a bit "more sensitive" for kind of bugs, but it's not a OSX 10.9 problem. Let me know if I can help, for example testing?

Hanz Meyzer wrote:Yes, it's the same. I am pretty sure 10.9 only is a bit "more sensitive" for kind of bugs, but it's not a OSX 10.9 problem. Let me know if I can help, for example testing?
Any new builds? :hyper: Sorry for being so impatient. Just I am a bit afraid of using it in the current state - imagine I forget that bug and suddenly a whole song state disappears because of that. :o

No i don't have a specific new build for MUX Modular VST in Renoise on MacOS 10.9. I can't research that specific case atm.

There are new MUX Modular 7.2.20 VST packages in http://www.mutools.com/galaxa/

What's new:
  • Oscillator: When used outside PolySynth, switching it off/on now resets the multi-layers.
  • Copy-pasting multi-layer setups between oscillators didn't work anymore. Fixed.
  • Fixed a potential crash when opening VST editors.
  • Note Dispatcher module: Overlapping notes with the same key could result in hanging notes. Fixed.
  • Fixed a recent new bug that could potentially cause some playback issues with parallel automation parts.
  • Fixed a broken link towards the docs.
How to install: The new zip packages contain the DLLs only so make sure you already have installed the complete M7.2.17 package, then replace the relevant files by the new ones.

mutools wrote:There are new MUX Modular 7.2.20 VST packages in http://www.mutools.com/galaxa/
Still crashing, but found out something new:

Only the very last instance of MUX / MUX synth causes a crash in the DAW. As long as there are more than 1 instances, it does not crash on exit. Steps to reproduce:

- Load 3.1 Renoise, put two MUX synth into two first slots
- Delete slot 1
- Delete slot 2 -> crash

Same if I "park" an instance somewhere on a dead send track... :)

Thx for the update Hanz, yes i knew that already.

There are new MUX Modular 7.2.21 packages in http://www.mutools.com/galaxa/

This new version fixes a potential crash bug when dropping a meta-parameter on another one.

How to install: The new zip packages contain the DLLs only so make sure you already have installed the complete M7.2.17 package, then replace the relevant files by the new ones.

Hey mutools

Maybe this is related to the crash on exit in older osx:

https://github.com/bdejong/smartelectronix/pull/32

Mmh, I start to think that this is related to a bug in recent Xcode. Seen this bug now a bunch of times, but only in newly compiled software. All other software works like expected.

You could get the OSX 10.6 SDK from old xcode (or I can send it to you), place it into the xcode lib dir, and then select it as a target...?

There are new MUX Modular 7.2.22 packages in http://www.mutools.com/galaxa/

What's new:
  • Support for "New.MuRack" preset file: Whenever you create a new rack, then the "New.MuRack" preset file will automatically be loaded if it exists.
  • Fixed a crash bug when cutting a plug-in module from a rack, insert it in a new MUX in that rack slot, then undo both steps.
  • Event Delay module: When using heavy randomization on short note events, that could lead to hanging notes. Fixed.
  • Inserting a new module into a rack now is an undoable step.
  • When having deleted a Send from a rack and undoing that, the Send's connections were not restored. Fixed.

mutools wrote:
  • Support for "New.MuRack" preset file: Whenever you create a new rack, then the "New.MuRack" preset file will automatically be loaded if it exists.
Just to confirm:
- can there be both Factory and User presets?
- can you choose to load a specific preset?
(Maybe I should just get it downloaded... ;) )

pljones wrote:
mutools wrote:
Just to confirm:
- can there be both Factory and User presets?
As a general note: All factory files and folders should always be regarded as read-only for the user. You cannot rely on them. It's the User folder that contains your specific user files. Now to answer your question: There is no factory New.MuRack, but you can create a New.MuRack preset in User/Library/Rack and then that preset will be used as a template when creating a new rack.
can you choose to load a specific preset?
Sure, using the standard preset system. Eg drag-drop a rack preset on a rack, or on the [+] rack button.
Maybe I should just get it downloaded... ;)
Recommended indeed ;)

There are new MUX Modular 7.2.23 packages in http://www.mutools.com/galaxa/

What's new:
  • Dropping a module, MUX preset or VST onto a rack now is an undoable step. At the same time this also fixes a potential crash issue when undoing related steps.
  • Sequence Player: When used inside the PolySynth the sequence editor was not showing the play position. Fixed.

mutools wrote:Please let me know whether MUX VST for Mac works fine in your Mac DAW. As you know MUX VST is brand new and i'm curious whether it works fine on all kinds of Macs in all kinds of DAWs. Thanks.
Unfortunately latest version of Mac 10.9.5 MUX Modular 7.2.23 crashes Cubase 8.5 on plugin scan, Mulab seems ok
Last edited by woodsdenis on Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Return to “MUTOOLS”