Waves Plugins

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does mulab read your waves plugins? It isn't reading mine, but, I have some plugin weirdness going on and I'm doing some debugging. I'm just curious if other people have run into this?

So, ok, but, has anyone got that to work with Waves? I get "No valid source specified"

On edit: for anyone else trying this, you have to specify the full path.

This was discussed just recently here:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9&t=470661

The waves shell is an evil little beasty... :evil: :scared:
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

We have had a Waves thread some time ago where someone posted an instruction on how to use Waves stuff in any DAW. I will see if I can find it...

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9&t=386452

Use the free shell2vst thingy...

Just wondering if Waves hosting is any closer to being implemented. None of the shell converters work for me and this morning I was really pi**ed off having to load metapluggin to use some of my waves plugins. Its exacerbated (for me) by being able to just use them straight away when I use studio one (but I find MuLab is so much quicker to create music in).
There that feels sooo much better voicing my annoyances,,,,sorry Jo :oops: grumpy old git getting back to it now :D

Any news in this respect?

Nothing planned on short term wrt shell VSTs.
If there is news, it will be in the news section.
You can also always check the change log: http://www.mutools.com/mulab-mux-change-log.html

mutools wrote:Nothing planned on short term wrt shell VSTs.
If there is news, it will be in the news section.
You can also always check the change log: http://www.mutools.com/mulab-mux-change-log.html
What is the technical issue with Shell based plugins?

The issue is that other FRs have more priority.

mutools wrote:The issue is that other FRs have more priority.
Just wondering, how many people have to request this to make it a priority? Not being arsy just wondering. if it pushes it up the list hosting waves would make MuLab more in line with the big boys of DAWs 8)

mutools wrote:The issue is that other FRs have more priority.
That doesn't really answer my question.

Indeed, it does not seem to answer your question, and I too have wondered similar things about the technical stuff involved here, with this WaveShell thing.

Logical thinking tells me that because most DAW's handle these plugins with ease must mean that it is not to much of a technical issue...so why not MuLab?

Perhaps it is so simple...MuTools just doesn't give a shit? :lol: :hihi: :lol: :hihi:

I'm sorta joking, but, um...dunno actually...

Jo!!! Talk to us here, will ya? Please. :D :D :D

ADDENDUM: I know you are working on time stretching & GUI scaling and that is the important infa-structure stuff of the application...but come on, can't you just fix this Waves thing already and we will all shut up about it ...well at least I will!!! :hihi: :lol: :hihi: :lol:

[quote="Grizzellda"]Indeed, it does not seem to answer your question, and I too have wondered similar things about the technical stuff involved here, with this WaveShell thing.

Logical thinking tells me that because most DAW's handle these plugins with ease must mean that it is not to much of a technical issue...so why not MuLab?

:phones: :oops: Why work for me waves?
I do not need waves because good mux Effects :party:
you with mac? for mac logic its ok ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Orion, Bitwig, Tracktion, Mixbus :party: :tu: :clap:
Win 10, intel i7, ram 20 steinberg UR22mkII :wink:

imstre wrote: :phones: :oops: Why work for me waves?
I do not need waves because good mux Effects :party:
you with mac? for mac logic its ok ;)
Alright, I'm not quite sure what you're point is here, but I am fairly confident that the MUX, at least in it's current state of development & support is not going to replace alot of Waves plugs...

But I was actually asking Jo a question, and it would be nice to hear what he says about it!

Return to “MUTOOLS”